Are Binoculars Provided on Nieuw Amsterdam Inside Passage Cruise ?

horseymike

2 minutes ago, horseymike said:

Does anyone know if HAL provides binoculars on the Nieuw Amsterdam Inside Passage Cruise ?

If you are in a Signature Suite (SY) or above, then yes, otherwise no.

We were on that cruise two summers ago. We enjoyed that trip so much!  Our suite did have one pair of binoculars that was good but I would recommend bringing your own if you have more than one person in your cabin if you think you’ll enjoy spending lots of time on deck or your balcony with them. We also took them with us on whale and bear watching excursions. Also remember to bring a variety of layers clothing (fleece, windbreaker, hat, gloves, T-shirt’s, etc) because the weather can vary so much and that way you’ll always be comfortable while outside. We used the laundry service a lot on that cruise so that we could stick to just one checked bag per person. Also, a couple of other options on that ship if you want to watch wildlife/scenery for some time without being outdoors all day is to rent a Lido cabana (that area has the retractable roof that closes in bad weather) or go to the relaxation room in the spa (the area with the heated chairs has amazing views). I hope you have an amazing time on that cruise!

2 minutes ago, suzannecruisecritic said:

We were on that cruise two summers ago. We enjoyed that trip so much!  Our suite did have one pair of binoculars that was good but I would recommend bringing your own if you have more than one person in your cabin if you think you’ll enjoy spending lots of time on deck or your balcony with them. We also took them with us on whale and bear watching excursions. Also remember to bring a variety of layers clothing (fleece, windbreaker, hat, gloves, T-shirt’s, etc) because the weather can vary so much and that way you’ll always be comfortable while outside. We used the laundry service a lot on that cruise so that we could stick to just one checked bag per person. Also, a couple of other options on that ship if you want to watch wildlife/scenery for some time without being outdoors all day is to rent a Lido cabana (that area has the retractable roof that closes in bad weather) or go to the relaxation room in the spa (the area with the heated chairs has amazing views). I hope you have an amazing time on that cruise!

Just to clarify, you have to pay to use the spa's thermal suite, either a pass for the whole cruise or a one-day pass (if available)

2 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Vista suites too, unless that has been changed in the last year or two.

OP mentioned Nieuw Amsterdam, whuch does not have Vista suites. But, you are correct on ships that do have vista category.

13 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Just to clarify, you have to pay to use the spa's thermal suite, either a pass for the whole cruise or a one-day pass (if available)

Yes, that’s correct. Sorry I didn’t specify. We bought the couples spa pass for our weeklong NA Alaska cruise and loved it! The hydrotherapy pool was sooooo nice. We were not big fans of the massages but would definitely buy just the spa pass again in a heartbeat on that ship. I hope you have a fabulous cruise!

Just now, suzannecruisecritic said:

Yes, that’s correct. Sorry I didn’t specify. We bought the couples spa pass for our weeklong NA Alaska cruise and loved it! The hydrotherapy pool was sooooo nice. We were not big fans of the massages but would definitely buy just the spa pass again in a heartbeat on that ship. I hope you have a fabulous cruise!

I love the hydro pools! People have recommended the thermal loungers for glacier view days because you're looking at all that ice while you're warm and cozy. Not sure I could give up being outside with my camera, but I might try it for a while next time.

Another great viewing area if you are not outside is the Tamarind Bar across from the Tamarind Restaurant. Be aware however that sometimes this area is roped off for a “special event” for Neptune and Pinnacle guests. The view from there however in my opinion is outstanding. In any event have a great cruise! 

• Like 2