Transportation from Ewr airport hotel to cape liberty

Savblanc1

Hi knowledgeable ones!

We have a cruise booked in July on Anthem and are staying for the night at the Doubletree hotel EWR airport and have been looking at transportation from there to cape Liberty. I have had an on line quote from Carmel and for 3 people with 4 luggage it’s coming out around $86 which is almost identical as the price I am getting for our transfer from cape liberty to jfk airport in our return which is twice the distance. How can that be. Any ideas or does anyone have another car company they can recommend. Many thanks. 

2 hours ago, Savblanc1 said:

Hi knowledgeable ones!

We have a cruise booked in July on Anthem and are staying for the night at the Doubletree hotel EWR airport and have been looking at transportation from there to cape Liberty. I have had an on line quote from Carmel and for 3 people with 4 luggage it’s coming out around $86 which is almost identical as the price I am getting for our transfer from cape liberty to jfk airport in our return which is twice the distance. How can that be. Any ideas or does anyone have another car company they can recommend. Many thanks. 

That’s actually a rate within reason for a private transfer with 3 people and 4 bags..  Did you try Dial7?  What exact date are you going and what time did you request the pickup?  These kinds of prices are why folks are using Uber and Lyft.

13 hours ago, 138east said:

That’s actually a rate within reason for a private transfer with 3 people and 4 bags..  Did you try Dial7?  What exact date are you going and what time did you request the pickup?  These kinds of prices are why folks are using Uber and Lyft.

Ok. Thanks. We are from the Uk so wasn’t sure what to expect. We are going in July and have requested a 10am pick up. I’ll get a quote from Dial7 too. Thanks. 

12 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

That rate sounds very low for a trip that can easily take more than an hour. A taxi fro Newark airport to my house in NJ is about $60, 25 minutes, no tolls.

I guess it’s because I thought with Newark being  much closer to the port than jfk I was confused as to why the fares were almost identical (well about $10 more from jfk). So if that’s the going rate fare enough. Thanks for answering. 

3 hours ago, Savblanc1 said:

I guess it’s because I thought with Newark being  much closer to the port than jfk I was confused as to why the fares were almost identical (well about $10 more from jfk). So if that’s the going rate fare enough. Thanks for answering. 

I think the quote for Newark to the port seems high, the quote from the port to jfk low.

We are staying at the doubletree Hilton and on their website it says they can help with transportation to the port if you go to the hotels transport desk there. So not sure if I should just do that the day before. 

I have booked a transfers with Dial  7 and I am not able to find out how much is the extra $ for the toll  to pay  from: 

• Elizabeth in NJ to Cape Liberty cruise port
  • Cape Liberty cruise port to Manhattan Midtown

Can anyone help?

4 minutes ago, Eagle44 said:

I have booked a transfers with Dial  7 and I am not able to find out how much is the extra $ for the toll  to pay  from: 

• Elizabeth in NJ to Cape Liberty cruise port
  • Cape Liberty cruise port to Manhattan Midtown

Can anyone help?

Elizabeth to CL - $1.65 or $3 depending on route - most likely $3 if hotel is close to exit 13A and $1.65 if car service gets on at exit 14.

CL to Manhattan - through Holland Tunnel -  Turnpike up to $1.35 - Tunnel - $10.50-$15 depending time of day and E-ZPass or cash.  Through Lincoln Tunnel - NJ Turnpike route up to $4 plus Tunnel toll mentioned previously.

Bottom Line - it depends.

11 hours ago, Peachypooh said:

From the Newark airport Marriott we took a cab to Cape Liberty $45 plus tip. Two people two suitcases

and two carry ons. It took 20 minutes.

Thanks. That seems more realistic! 

On 5/24/2019 at 5:21 AM, Savblanc1 said:

Thanks. That seems more realistic! 

The reality is that unless you book a cruise line transfer from EWR or book a park, sleep, cruise package,  the prices to get transportation to Cape Liberty can vary widely.  A car service will give you a fixed quote and you add on the tolls and tip.  The prices folks have paid for cabs or Uber/Lyft are all over the place.  Some folks have gotten good deals and some folks have paid too much.

5 hours ago, 138east said:

The reality is that unless you book a cruise line transfer from EWR or book a park, sleep, cruise package,  the prices to get transportation to Cape Liberty can vary widely.  A car service will give you a fixed quote and you add on the tolls and tip.  The prices folks have paid for cabs or Uber/Lyft are all over the place.  Some folks have gotten good deals and some folks have paid too much.

Thanks for advice. Still undecided what to do. Happy cruising all!