Excursions - Specific details, itineraries & reviews available somewhere?

homeofthehound

Hi - I have downloaded the shore excursion brochure for our cruise voyage, but I am wondering if X provides a greater level of detail about their tours somewhere? The other cruise lines we have been on have more details in their excursion itineraries such as the approximate travel times, times on location at specific stops, etc. I can't seem to find that anywhere on X's site or brochures. Any suggestions on how to get this level of details and possibly reviews from other passengers? Thanks in advance!

A few years ago the excursions had reviews but for whatever reason never more than 2 or 3 reviewers, some had no reviews.  They seemed to have stopped including that.  We rarely take ships excursions preferring to use independent tour operators and putting together a small group. 

When I have looked at the info on the ships excursions travel time is usually mentioned if it is a tour that requires a long ride.  Have never seen a description with details on times at the stops.

While we generally try to avoid ship-sponsored tours, there are some ports where we find them advisable.  I think the description of Celebrity's tours on its web site are terribly vague and lacking in detail.  We took our first HAL cruise last summer and I was pleasantly surprised by how much detail HAL provided on its web site about its tours.

I’ve searched mine on YouTube and have always been able to find some info.  Sometimes it’s not the exact ship but you can get a pretty good idea of what it entails.  Most of the time, it’s the exact same.

You may want to take a look at the RCCL site, it seems the shore excursion numbers are the same and the RCCL site is more descriptive (at least for our upcoming Constellation in October).  

When I had called Celebrity to ask for more info on the shore excursions we had booked, they directed me to email the Celebrity shore excursion folks, that email is shoreex@rccl.com. 

shore excursions group (SEG) and viator have pretty complete lists of everything available. however, you're booking off-cruise so they wont hold the ship if you're late getting back