Shore Excursions Transportation

Cja921

How do we get from the cruise ship once it is docked to our particular excursion? I’ve read some things say find your own transportation, how do we go about finding something to take us to the excursion and then something to take us back to the ship?  Sorry I have never cruised before and I don’t want to get lost! We are cruising with Carnival Paradise and so far have a dolphin excursion planned in Cozumel.  Thanks for any help! 

If you do a 3rd party excursion, they should provide info on how to get to/from the ship to the excursion.

But most, will pick you up at the end of the pier.

If it's a ship-sponsored excursion, any transport required from the pier will be part of the deal and you'll get details with your tickets.

If it's a private tour for you or for a group of folk from your ship, they'll likely collect you from the port - at the pier or port gate. Or at least tell you how to get to the meet point.

If it's just admission tickets purchased direct from an attraction (eg swim with dolphins) you'll need to fix your own transport, probably a taxi.

If it's a tour shared with folk who're not on your ship (they're locals or hotel-based vacationers etc,) you might have to figure it for yourselves .

But I suggest you should be very very very wary of sharing a tour with anyone other than folk from your ship - if everyone on the tour needs to get back to the ship on-time you can be pretty sure that you'll be back in time, but if you're the only ones from the ship you need to make it very very very clear about the consequences of not getting back to the pier in time for your sailing.

Personally I wouldn't share with folk who don't have that same deadline. 

JB :classic_smile:  

Edited by John Bull

Nothing to worry about. It is definitely less complicated then finding your gate at big airports. The meeting time is on your ticket, if you want to be sure call shore excursions and ask with them, meeting point should also be announced prior leaving for the tour and if the tour is not from the cruise line, i am sure the tour agency  provides you with all the necessary info. Follow the signs and tour guides from ahsore usually meet you at the pier with the name and the number of your group.

In Coz, when you exit your Carnival ship, walk down the pier and through the duty free shop, you will see Carnival tour operators waving their excursion signs, find yours and await their instructions.

If the OP booked the dolphin excursion independently, you can proceed past the Carnival excursion meeting point through the shops and out to the licensed taxi stand to grab a cab to your excursion site.

Edited by evandbob