Transatlantic with young kids - DCL or Princess

Albinroo

We have previously been on the Disney transatlantic when we had 1 baby and we loved it but next year the Sky princess is going to Copenhagen which works better for us, as well as the date in April rather than the Disney Magic TA to Barcelona in May. My only worry is that our kids will get bored on the many sea days on Sky Princess, has anyone done a transatlantic with young kids and can advise? We have 3 kids aged 6, 3 and 1. They don't really speak English so the amount of other kids on board is probably better less than many. The only real upside I see to Disney is that they have free Disney movies showing and the splash area, but going over the Atlantic in May is probably too cold to use the pools much anyway? And I have heard good things about the Princess kids club, anyone with experience? I guess what I'm really asking is do I dare book the Sky Princess or will I regret in April and wish we were on board Disney? I guess they have the characters too, which is nice...

kid's club on Princess is usually very nice. If Sky Princess is anything like Regal and Royal, she'll also have a great FREE on demand collection of movies and cartoons.

Usually, DCL costs 2.5 times more than other mainstream cruises, so it's a no brainer for me. Princess it is. My kid doesn't do kid's club, but he is very happy to have his tablet with games and cartoons for the downtime.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Princess kids club lets 1 year olds attend with parental supervision (you can drop off the older ones).  We had a 2 year old on a Panama Canal cruise with 11 children.  It was great because the kids club staff played with our son and helped him do arts and crafts, and we just had to sit in the playroom with him.  I was very happy with the Princess kids club.

Edited by kitkat343
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, I am feeling better and better about Princess kids club, seems great! And just being together watching the beautiful Atlantic ocean between play times sounds pretty nice too!

• Like 1