Summit FV 8181 comments

lkneller

Wonderful cabin.  Only 1 minor inconvenience.   There is no regular electric outlet anywhere close enough to a mirror in this cabin to style hair when using the blow dryer. 

I tried to use the TV screen as a mirror but that did not work very well.   If I ever would sail in this cabin again,  I would bring some kind of mirror along. 

I don't think electric extension cords are allowed.  but that would be another option if they were.

1 hour ago, lkneller said:

Wonderful cabin.  Only 1 minor inconvenience.   There is no regular electric outlet anywhere close enough to a mirror in this cabin to style hair when using the blow dryer. 

I tried to use the TV screen as a mirror but that did not work very well.   If I ever would sail in this cabin again,  I would bring some kind of mirror along. 

I don't think electric extension cords are allowed.  but that would be another option if they were.

Do you you have any photos of the upgraded cabins? We’ve stayed in FVs pre ‘revolution’ but wondered how they now compare.

The electrical outlets are located by the desk where there is a very large mirror on the wall.  This arrangement did not work?

Millennium FV 7202.JPG

Edited by mahdnc

Wow. That explains it. I don't know what to say! We are going to be in a Millennium FV late next year and I am not sure if I am going to like the missing long desk with shelves/drawers.

Edited by mahdnc

28 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Wow. That explains it. I don't know what to say! We are going to be in a Millennium FV late next year and I am not sure if I am going to like the missing long desk with shelves/drawers.

There have definitely been complaints by some folks who have been on the Edge and on the "revolutionized" ships that form (design) was emphasized over function, and I think we can see that in some of the photos of the cabins on the various thread.  Some of the stuff clearly was just unthinking by people who probably have never sailed on a cruise ship, like putting the only outlet for a blow dryer where there's no mirror.  :classic_blink:

Thanks for posting. Understand where you are coming from regarding the mirror: such a pain. As per Mahdnc above, we have stayed in corner FVs quite a few a times previously and will miss the long desk.

How disappointing!

Why did they remove that great long desk with the large mirrored wall and convenient spacious storage cabinets on both sides of the desk?

image.png.1fbf03d75867fdafd4b4c39a9a0bb38d.png

The previous layout made much better use of the available space.

It looks like they forgot the old saying:  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

13 minutes ago, varoo said:

How disappointing!

Why did they remove that great long desk with the large mirrored wall and convenient spacious storage cabinets on both sides of the desk?

Probably for the same reason they have replaced the sofa in the veranda and concierge cabins with that smaller not-quite-a-love-seat-thingie, and taken out the coffee table -- trying to make the cabins look bigger.    I haven't been on one of the "revolutionized" ships yet, but I suspect I'd rather have the functional furniture. 

13 hours ago, mahdnc said:

We did Hong Kong to Singapore on Millie over the Christmas period in a corner FV a couple of years ago and thoroughly enjoyed our cruise - probably one of our best sailings. Unsure if yours is the same itinerary, but it was that good that we said we’d do it again in a heartbeat.

Regarding the refits, it’s a shame they have removed all that extra storage in the cabins.

Thanks for posting about this.  I'm sailing in one of these family cabins on Summit next month, and now I know to pack a mirror.   I am super excited to have such a nice cabin. but it seems the old furnishings were much more functional.  I was lucky enough to stay in a family verandah once before, and I will miss the larger desk, the coffee table and extra drawers in the seating area and the larger table we had on the balcony.

I realized I did not post this view.  the 3 shelves behind glass on top, 4th has the SMALL safe.  Also there are 4 drawers below that are directly in front of you when you walk out of the bathroom door.  I think this makes up for some of the storage that was lost from the larger desk.  For some reason we had 3 desk chairs in our room?  that didn't seem to make any sense.  And also there WAS a washline in the shower.  

there were also a few movies on TV for Free.   A star is born, finding nemo, instant family, overboard.   and a few more I can't remember, but that was nice.  Otherwise the movies were 14.99.  We enjoyed relaxing in our spacious room and watching a movie.

20190514_144321.jpg

The pre-Revolution corner FVs had 5 closet doors.  The 5th closet door was nearest the TV which sat on a cabinet that had the refrigerator. 

Summit FV 8188.JPG

The 5th closet housed 7 drawers, a shelf (or 2 depending on how you looked at it), and a safe.  That closet looks like it has been removed (I cannot tell for sure).

Summit FV 8188 a.JPG

By the way, the pre-Revolution non-corner FVs only had space for 4 closet doors (for those that want to know the difference between the corner and non-corner FVs).  This meant you had one less closet for hanging clothes.

Edited by mahdnc