Nassau on a budget honeymoon?

The wife and I are sailing into Nassau on the Symphony next Monday and want to find free or cheap stuff to do.  We just got married and really don't have much of a budget.  We arrive at 7am on Monday and out by 4pm. 

She loves hiking or anything not "touristy".  I'd love to jet ski but doubt its affordable.  

I think we will do queens staircase for sure.  Any other advice???

We hailed a taxi for Ardastra Gardens, Zoo & Conservation Centre, which is a peaceful 80 year-old retreat spread over 4 acres of lush tropical gardens. I also had bus/walking instructions from somewhere but didn't keep them. I think it was a CC post and since the name is unique, a search may find it. Otherwise, google is your friend!

The flamingos have a dancing show, and you enter the 'cage' enclosure and feed a type of small parrot (lorikeets?) from your hand! That was fun!

Edited by crystalspin

In January we walked to a rum distillery and did the free tour, bought a rum drink than walked back to the ship. This took us through the port shopping district. We love the less crowded ship on port days. The first time we were there about 15 years ago took a cab to Atlantis walked around than cabbed back to port and had fun at senior frogs.  Another trip we spent a bunch more going to blue lagoon and swam with dolphins. We enjoyed Nassau each time. 

On a 7 am to 4 pm stop, I would sleep in enjoy a late breakfast or lunch on ship in a main dinning room, walk around a little and go back to the ship. Or never get off the ship. 

Last visit , Went to Greycliff chocolate factory, cost about $50.00 pp.  Made a lot  of chocolates, brought home to my friends. Leaving this weekend, will again be  in  Nassau.  Will leave late, make one stop on Bay Street,  back to ship and listen to my audio poolside. .  Hope everyone enjoys their Memorial Day Weekend.