Holland America's 8 Ship Fleet, Surprise!

We returned from the Westerdam last week where we bought a new Holland America t shirt with the names of the 8 ships in the fleet. Yes, just 8! It seems someone picked just 8 of the ships to list and for some, probably good choices.

They are: 

Nieuw Amsterdam 

Maasdam

Oosterdam 

Prinsendam

Rotterdam 

Veendam 

Westerdam 

Zaandam

I asked the shop manager if he knew why, but he said apparently Seattle decided to make cut backs and this was the result. 

Collectors item or dust cloth, you decide. 

20190520_151209.jpg

6 minutes ago, Tennessee Titan said:

They had these on the Westerdam TP last month. 3/$5. Clerk suggested using them when cutting the grass.....

What can you expect for 5 $? It's the vintage edition...

2 hours ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

I asked the shop manager if he knew why, but he said apparently Seattle decided to make cut backs and this was the result

The shops are ancillary services.  Seattle wouldn’t have made a cutback on ancillary-owned t-shirts.  That whole premise is silly and uneducated.

• Like 2

That resembles, but is not the same, as the shirt I bought on the Westerdam that said Alaska 2018  with the logo. It cost $5 minus five star discount during the Asia repositioning. I don't think it had the name of a bunch of ships on it (I think it was tossed sometime during the post-cruise). But did all those ships do the same destination last year?

Edited by Wehwalt

Too funny, especially given that the one ship that is soon departing is on the list.  But perhaps Seattle is trying to send a message about the future?  First there were no more Production shows, and now there are only 8 ships?

Hank

I'm glad to see other peoples comments on my priceless (not worth anything?) T Shirt.  

It seems they are of poor quality.  The blue printing faded after the first wash and one sleeve is already detaching.  Maybe they were wife beaters redone?  I was hoping to wear it on  my next cruise, to the meet and greet of course, but unless I keep it folded and away from sunlight, it may not make it until then.

Enjoy your Memorial weekend everyone.

A couple of weeks ago on the Noordam I purchased a rather attractive refrigerator magnet as a keepsake to remember this cruise. It had the Noordam's name on it and some of her stats - on the back it had a price tag sticker that had the price on it, and the label “Princess Cruises”.

In general I think the items for sale in the shop by the new concessionaires to be an improvement over the old ones (e.g. merchandise specific to the ship that we were on - something that had long ago disappeared under the old management, some rather attractive clothing and gear) - but clearly from the OP's post and my observations they have a long way to go in terms of familiarizing themselves with the cruise line.