CHIRAN & SAKURAJIMA from Kagoshima cruise port   

cashmeremypuppydog

I organized a FANTASTIC tour for 20 people to visit Chiran (50 min away from Kagoshima).  Finding affordable transportation in Japan is really hard.  With perseverance and luck, I found “Global Sales E” and corresponded with Ken.  Ken was an awesome young man (we met him in Chiran) and his English is impeccable.  He replied to my emails very quickly.

This was our 8.5-hour itinerary:

1-) Chiran Museum

2-) Chiran Samurai Houses/Gardens

-Bought lunch at convenience store and ate in the bus so we would not lose time...

3-) Ferry from Kagoshima to Sakurajima

4-) Sakurajima volcano (3 stops)

5-) Ferry from Sakurajima to Kagoshima

6-) Back to the cruise ship

I would recommend this bus company to anyone.  I had to pre-pay for the whole bus and the other cruisers mailed me cheques or paid through PayPal.  It was quite easy and we could not have had a better quality/price tour.

Tour includes: bus- gas- parking- highway fees- ferry for mini bus and passengers-insurance

Tour does not include: Chiran Peace Museum entrance fee of ¥500, Samurai Residence entrance fee of ¥500 and lunch.

Holland of America did not offer both attractions: Chiran and Sakurajima.  We did not have a guide but we did not need one.

The Canadians!😎

saku.jpg

Chiran.jpg

On 5/20/2019 at 11:46 AM, cashmeremypuppydog said:

I organized a FANTASTIC tour for 20 people to visit Chiran (50 min away from Kagoshima).  Finding affordable transportation in Japan is really hard.  With perseverance and luck, I found “Global Sales E” and corresponded with Ken.  Ken was an awesome young man (we met him in Chiran) and his English is impeccable.  He replied to my emails very quickly.

This was our 8.5-hour itinerary:

1-) Chiran Museum

2-) Chiran Samurai Houses/Gardens

-Bought lunch at convenience store and ate in the bus so we would not lose time...

3-) Ferry from Kagoshima to Sakurajima

4-) Sakurajima volcano (3 stops)

5-) Ferry from Sakurajima to Kagoshima

6-) Back to the cruise ship

I would recommend this bus company to anyone.  I had to pre-pay for the whole bus and the other cruisers mailed me cheques or paid through PayPal.  It was quite easy and we could not have had a better quality/price tour.

Tour includes: bus- gas- parking- highway fees- ferry for mini bus and passengers-insurance

Tour does not include: Chiran Peace Museum entrance fee of ¥500, Samurai Residence entrance fee of ¥500 and lunch.

Holland of America did not offer both attractions: Chiran and Sakurajima.  We did not have a guide but we did not need one.

The Canadians!😎

saku.jpg

Chiran.jpg

This was a great day.  So thankful to do it with such fun group of people we met through Cruise Critic.  You did a fantastic job setting up the tour and finding such a great company to work through at a great price.

Hey My Fellow Canadians,

Can you provide me with the website for this tour that you arranged? We are on a Japan cruise in November of this year and Kagoshima will be one of our ports. How much did the bus cost you? and is 20 people the max, or can you have a smaller group? I personally don't like travelling in large groups.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

A fellow Canadian...Go Raptors! Go!

1 hour ago, inmyfootsteps said:

Hey My Fellow Canadians,

Can you provide me with the website for this tour that you arranged? We are on a Japan cruise in November of this year and Kagoshima will be one of our ports. How much did the bus cost you? and is 20 people the max, or can you have a smaller group? I personally don't like travelling in large groups.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

A fellow Canadian...Go Raptors! Go!

Hello friends!

I personally booked & paid for the bus.  To keep the cost down, I organized a group of 20.  I can’t remember the cost but about $50 USD for the transportation and ferry cost.  Extremely affordable.  Ken will send you the itinerary I used.  I was extremely lucky to find him.. Actually, I had reserved the only English speaking tour guide at Chiran Museum.  He is the one who gave me Ken’s email: Ken at nansatsu dot com

Good luck

P.S.  I think our friends Irene & Richard from Sault Ste Marie will be cruising with you.

P.S.S.  Watching the basketball 🏀 game right now and the Raptors are ahead 7 points!

Edited by cashmeremypuppydog