Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
floridaphilly

Specialty Restaurants

We are traveling on the Silver Muse for the first time in September. We are making our dinner reservations and are wondering if the 2 specialty restaurants with the extra surcharge a worth going to. I believe one is La Dame and the other is a Japanese restaurant with a show. This cruise actually goes to Japan and I wonder if this will be great or we will have more authentic options once there.

Our cruise last year on the first post stretch Spirit Cruise was an absolute disaster but the one saving grace was the food. Seishin was amazing, we ate there 3 times. The chefs Omakase was superb but switch the Macha dessert for the passion fruit Brûlée and you won’t be disappointed. La dame was very good but I made the mistake of ordering the lobster in pea water main course. The service and ambience were impeccable but I will never forget that abomination. Indochine was also amazing. We couldn’t get into Silver note as it was full of welding cylinders until the last night. La Terrazaa was good too. True foodies would be in heaven from our experience and not begrudge a penny of the upgrade.

8 hours ago, floridaphilly said:

We are traveling on the Silver Muse for the first time in September. We are making our dinner reservations and are wondering if the 2 specialty restaurants with the extra surcharge a worth going to. I believe one is La Dame and the other is a Japanese restaurant with a show. This cruise actually goes to Japan and I wonder if this will be great or we will have more authentic options once there.

Both are great, the food in Kaiseki is excellent but it is completely different from Seishin on the Spirit. La Dame is the same as the Spirit, but it’s all about the ambiance. Whether they are worth it is subjective. There are menus and photos on my October Muse thread.

We certainly in the past have had 1 or 2 meals in La Dame and considered it good value.But on our cruise on the Muse in February we cancelled our second booking as the food in the main restaurant had improved so much.

Again we are on the Wind now and have cancelled our booking for La Dame.

Kaiseki is totally different.It is a teppanyaki restaurant at night with the supplement.You will not get a good teppanyaki reatsurant in Japan for the price on the Muse.We love Japanese food and teppanyaki so we booked a second night there.

At lunch it is a sushi and sashimi restaurant and there is no supplement.We had lunch their twice and really liked it.

Somewhere in my report are pictures of the meals in Kaiseki and La Dame.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2629822-a-muse-on-the-muse/

Food is a very subjective matter and down to personal preference.On the Wind now until late June.MDR is excellent both for choice,variety and quality coupled with excellent service from same waitress every night.We booked La Dame and Terrazza well in advance on line.First visit to La Dame tonight .If we don’t consider it value beyond MDR we shall cancel remaining five reservations.Same applies to La Terrazza.Stress again food is a personal choice with no right and wrong.Everything else is excellent on our favourite Silver Wind.The Other plus is fromTower Bridge to Western Scotland NO RAIN in seven days .Hoping but not expecting this to continue as most of remaining interesting itinerary is in Scotland prior to returning to Tower Bridge.