World Club Level qualifications

neeuqdrazil

I've had no luck finding information on this on the (now-useless) Cunard site, so I'm asking the infinitely wise folks here.

The CWC page in the VP indicates that for Gold, it's "2 voyages or 20 nights" - does anyone know if it's whichever is more? I've finished two voyages, but only have 14 nights (two TAs), and my VP for my next booking is still showing me as Silver. 

I tried to call Cunard, but after sitting on hold for 20 minutes, I decided it wasn't worth my time. 

Just now, Host Hattie said:

The information is on the UK site, using loyalty in the search.

Now if only I could reach the UK site - even if I type in cunard.co.uk directly, I still get redirected to .com/en-us/

16 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Cannot find anything regarding different levels of Cunard World Club on UK site.

That's actually one thing I have been able to find on the Cunard UK site. Take a look at the bottom of the home page under "Useful links" for "Cunard World Club benefits". As Host Hattie has indicated, that takes you to this Cunard World Club page.

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/cunard-world-club

There is no such link under "Useful links" on the Cunard US website, but there is a corresponding Cunard World Club page on the US website found at

https://www.cunard.com/en-us/cunard-world-club

Edit: They may be trying to hide that page on the US website since it contains a "Manage my preferences" section at the bottom with a link to "Update my preferences" which does not apply to the US yet.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

That's actually one thing I have been able to find on the Cunard UK site. Take a look at the bottom of the home page under "Useful links" for "Cunard World Club benefits". As Host Hattie has indicated, that takes you to this Cunard World Club page.

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/cunard-world-club

There is no such link under "Useful links" on the Cunard US website, but there is a corresponding Cunard World Club page on the US website found at

Edit: They may be trying to hide that page on the US website since it contains a "Manage my preferences" section at the bottom with a link to "Update my preferences" which does not apply to the US yet.

Thanks as I was originally looking for search facility as mentioned by Host Hattie and couldnt find a search facility only Help &  Advice and when I put in Loyalty came to nothing.

3 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Thanks as I was originally looking for search facility as mentioned by Host Hattie and couldnt find a search facility only Help &  Advice and when I put in Loyalty came to nothing.

Yeah, it takes some detective work, but I think Host Hattie may have found the following result when searching the UK FAQ for the term "loyalty".

Under the "General query" results, there is the question "Wha [sic] are the terms and conditions of the loyalty club?". The answer to that question suggests visiting www.cunard.com/cwc. That URL leads to the same Cunard World Club page we've mentioned above.

But that question can't be found at all within the US FAQ. So, it takes even more detective work to find the Cunard World Club benefits on the US website using only what's readily available there.

• Like 1

This is an interesting thread. It brings up a question for me. When we travel next year, we will hit 20 days just prior to Southampton. Does that mean we will be "gold" level on the crossing back to New York? It will still be part of the booking which is a round trip. Free internet and a champagne party on the second part of our journey would be fabulous. We probably wouldn't avail ourselves of either of them, but just thinking we could would be fun.

Edited to add:

SIGH It would help if I read the qualifiers at the end. "There will be no mid-voyage promotions." 

Edited by Tonopah

21 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Thanks, it's good to know the information is available on the US site as well.

You're welcome. I just realized I made a mistake copying the URL for the Cunard World Club page on the US web site. Even though the link I posted above says "en-us" it actually tries to go to "en-gb" because I edited the link incorrectly. When using a browser in the US, that "en-gb" should be redirected to "en-us" automatically, so it probably doesn't really make a difference.

But just to be totally correct about it, here is a link that actually tries to go to the Cunard World Club page on the US site in the first place rather than having to depend on being redirected from "en-gb" to en-us".

20 hours ago, Tonopah said:

This is an interesting thread. It brings up a question for me. When we travel next year, we will hit 20 days just prior to Southampton. Does that mean we will be "gold" level on the crossing back to New York? It will still be part of the booking which is a round trip. Free internet and a champagne party on the second part of our journey would be fabulous. We probably wouldn't avail ourselves of either of them, but just thinking we could would be fun.

Edited to add:

SIGH It would help if I read the qualifiers at the end. "There will be no mid-voyage promotions." 

It is upon completing your voyage that you go to the next tier. No Mid voyage qualifiers. 

23 hours ago, neeuqdrazil said:

I've had no luck finding information on this on the (now-useless) Cunard site, so I'm asking the infinitely wise folks here.

The CWC page in the VP indicates that for Gold, it's "2 voyages or 20 nights" - does anyone know if it's whichever is more? I've finished two voyages, but only have 14 nights (two TAs), and my VP for my next booking is still showing me as Silver. 

I tried to call Cunard, but after sitting on hold for 20 minutes, I decided it wasn't worth my time. 

The number of voyages takes precedent over night aboard. So you should be Gold, Perhaps trying to email Cunard will get them to look into your situation to make sure that you have received credit for both your voyages. try Worldclub@cunard.com

Edited by Bigmike911

7 minutes ago, Bigmike911 said:

The number of voyages takes precedent over night aboard. So you should be Gold, Perhaps trying to email Cunard will get them to look into your situation to make sure that you have received credit for both your voyages. try Worldclub@cunard.com

Thanks! I emailed them late yesterday, and they confirmed that I'm gold. Apparently they're having problems with their website (shock!)

• Like 1

I just became diamond status after completing the April 28-May 5 westbound crossing on QM2. My VP was still showing me as platinum status when I last checked a few days ago. But I just checked again today and it is now showing me as diamond status. So, if you recently completed your second voyage, it may take a bit for your VP to acknowledge your new gold status. Otherwise, I would not be shocked at all to learn that it is a problem with the website.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bigmike911 said:

The number of voyages takes precedent over night aboard.

Well, generally speaking it's whichever threshold you cross first.

If your first voyage is 30 nights you'll skip Silver and go straight to Gold on your second voyage, having exceeded the nights threshold even though you haven't met the voyages threshold.

If your first Voyage is a more reasonable 7 nights you'll be Silver on the second, and if the second one is only 4 nights you'll be Gold on the third even though you haven't reached 20 nights.

If for some reason a voyage is cut short you'll only be credited for the nights you were actually aboard despite having paid for the longer voyage.

I'll reach Diamond in January after my 14th voyage (Diamond status is 15 voyages or 150 nights).

Edited by Underwatr

11 hours ago, Underwatr said:

Well, generally speaking it's whichever threshold you cross first.

If your first voyage is 30 nights you'll skip Silver and go straight to Gold on your second voyage, having exceeded the nights threshold even though you haven't met the voyages threshold.

If your first Voyage is a more reasonable 7 nights you'll be Silver on the second, and if the second one is only 4 nights you'll be Gold on the third even though you haven't reached 20 nights.

If for some reason a voyage is cut short you'll only be credited for the nights you were actually aboard despite having paid for the longer voyage.

I'll reach Diamond in January after my 14th voyage (Diamond status is 15 voyages or 150 nights).

If for some reason a voyage is cut short, I think you can count on receiving a refund for the missed days.

1 hour ago, 57eric said:

If for some reason a voyage is cut short, I think you can count on receiving a refund for the missed days.

Not if it's due to illness or injury.

I should have been more specific.

Edited by Underwatr

21 hours ago, Underwatr said:

Not if it's due to illness or injury.

I should have been more specific.

In 2014 we disembarked in Halifax rather than go to N.Y. The World Club site, before they essentially shut it down, showed six nights instead of the eight we paid for. It didn't matter to us because it was the number of voyages, not nights, that brought us to Diamond.

There was a facility to see the cruises already taken with Cunard and any future cruises booked. Not so now, I contacted the World Club desk last October to request details for myself, husband and son.  They came back with our son having taken some cruises before he was born (actual it was my husband's record). I requested amended information which I am still awaiting.

33 minutes ago, vettprincess said:

Would I get credit for a week on the Cunard Adventurer ship in 1972??? Will call them.

Problem with cruising for 47 years cruise lines did not keep good records in the "old days".

Yes I believe you can. I managed to do the same for my Mother who often sailed on the Cunard Sylvania in the 1960's . We were able to  provide an onboard photograph taken by the official ships photographers at the time, also some other memorabilia and  documents.      

31 minutes ago, Elephant1151 said:

There was a facility to see the cruises already taken with Cunard and any future cruises booked. Not so now, I contacted the World Club desk last October to request details for myself, husband and son.  They came back with our son having taken some cruises before he was born (actual it was my husband's record). I requested amended information which I am still awaiting.

I got my World Club info a year or two ago and it was a mess. They were missing some voyages and giving me credit for others twice. But I was already diamond, so I didn't bother to correct it. Their numbers were enough to get to me to diamond, even if I know I have more days/voyages than they say. If Cunard comes up with a higher level, I may need to take another look at my World Club info. Every time they added a higher category, we were already there.

When we started sailing Cunard, there were no levels (does anyone remember the blue pins with the golden lion?). Then it was bronze, silver, gold (but I think still the blue pins). Then silver, gold, platinum (the large lion pins). Now it's silver, gold, platinum, diamond (the elegant crest pins, now replaced by the cheap flags). What would they call a fifth level?