Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
neeuqdrazil

World Club Level qualifications

5 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

What would they call a fifth level?

un·ob·tain·i·um

noun: unobtanium
a highly desirable material that is hypothetical, scientifically impossible, extremely rare, costly, or fictional, or has some of these properties in combination.

When Cunrd took over NAC we were issued with a Fjord book which was stamped on each voyage a wonderful memento to keep.

What I cannot comprehend as with Princess also a Carnival Cruise Line like Cunard we can see our past history easily.  

Princess seems light years ahead with technology compared to Cunard.

18 minutes ago, Elephant1151 said:

When Cunrd took over NAC we were issued with a Fjord book which was stamped on each voyage a wonderful memento to keep.

What I cannot comprehend as with Princess also a Carnival Cruise Line like Cunard we can see our past history easily.  

Princess seems light years ahead with technology compared to Cunard.

When were were on the QM2 we noticed lack of technology onboard and on their website. Carnival owns 10 cruise brands but they keep Cunard in the middle ages. They can still keep the brand elegant and high class but with some improvements. Princess, Royal, Norwegian, Carnival, Celebrity, MSC are all light years ahead of Cunard. 

1 hour ago, Tonopah said:

un·ob·tain·i·um

noun: unobtanium
a highly desirable material that is hypothetical, scientifically impossible, extremely rare, costly, or fictional, or has some of these properties in combination.

Thank you for my afternoon laugh.

1 hour ago, Bell Boy said:

Yes I believe you can. I managed to do the same for my Mother who often sailed on the Cunard Sylvania in the 1960's . We were able to  provide an onboard photograph taken by the official ships photographers at the time, also some other memorabilia and  documents.      

Thank you for your information.  Now will have to go digging in my cruise archives. 

Nirvana perhaps. 

The travel booking office on board seems to be to be able to provide a sensible printout of your voyages, which they can correct. But may be that was just luck.

On 5/29/2019 at 12:02 PM, exlondoner said:

Nirvana perhaps. 

The travel booking office on board seems to be to be able to provide a sensible printout of your voyages, which they can correct. But may be that was just luck.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll ask when I'm on QE in a few weeks. I plan to book something, so I'll be there anyway.

We had an unfortunate gap in our Cunard travels, although we had the first crossing in 1973. When we were able to resume travelling abroad we booked a crossing on the QE2 in 2008. We showed as first-time travellers. I contacted the World Club to indicate we had five previous crossings and was promised to be given Gold status if we could prove it. Amongst our souvenirs were the passenger copies of the tickets. Upon receiving copies of those, the Club assured us we would receive Gold benefit on our voyage.

On checking in at N.Y. we were still showing as first-timers. (This was only the first time the California office of Cunard has messed up and they have done so or given us wrong information several times since. Fortunately I would never book directly with them and our travel agent has always shown them the error of their ways.)

The on-board Club rep. and future cruise booking agent known as “Yoyo” (many on here will know her) sorted it on her computer within a few minutes and issued us with new cards, invitations to the Club World party and gave us information about the complimentary Internet.