MSC Current Status Match Tables

GenghisQuan

draver,  As I understand it, Voyagers Club is what you will "belong" to once you have sailed with MSC and/or received your status match.  They are not really two separate things to apply for.

When we applied for status match, there was no confirmation at the time; some time later (couple of weeks, maybe) we received notification of our status.

Did you submit some sort of proof of your level with one of the other cruise lines?

Black and Diamond are the same thing.

I wouldn't be concerned.

2 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

draver,  As I understand it, Voyagers Club is what you will "belong" to once you have sailed with MSC and/or received your status match.  They are not really two separate things to apply for.

When we applied for status match, there was no confirmation at the time; some time later (couple of weeks, maybe) we received notification of our status.

Did you submit some sort of proof of your level with one of the other cruise lines?

Black and Diamond are the same thing.

I wouldn't be concerned.

Thanks for your comments, I appreciate your input.  I only became concerned when the agent today told me that the Voyager Club input disqualifies me from Status Match.  I did submit a photo of a Celebrity Sea Pass card which stated my Elite Plus status from 2018 with my first application.  I then sent in a screen grab of my account status from the Celebrity website in an email to the Club web address.

I can find several examples of the highest tier being Black in one instance and Diamond elsewhere.  Not particularly reassuring when they also say there are 5 levels and only depict 4. 

I'll post what feedback I get on Monday from my email, and call again on Tuesday if there has been no word.

Update to my Status Match issues:

I called again (9-14) and was told that there is a recent memo that the Voyager Club enrollment does NOT negate Status Match on MSC.  I submitted a request for the match to be applied  based on this information.  I'm inclined to cancel if they can't resolve this problem.  The new CS agent could not find the original rule but did find the new policy and said it would be noted in my account info.

To be continued...

I'm not sure you understand the issue.  If I enroll in Voyager Club prior to Satus Match, I cannot get Status Match. 

I am being denied the perks that I should be eligible for on Status Match.  A review of the website seems to reflect a $50 per person ship credit, Free Room Service, 1 or 2 specialty dinners, priority boarding, tender and disembarkation among others.  I have these on the other cruise lines and MSC dangles that carrot, but then uses an unpublished loophole to take it back.  It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  I now have had contact with 4 different personnel who are unable to find the web claim that I do not now qualify.  No one has been able to explain why the rule exists either.  Would you be happy about that?

Edited by draver

I have a different question. Do “formal night” rules apply in the Yacht Club dining room and bars? (I hope not.) we were on the Divinia YC for a music cruise a few years back, and there were no formal nights in the YC.

Edited by Dolebludger

I’ve been on 5 different cruise lines and the only “Suggested” attire was suit or tux for men, dresses or similar level for ladies on formal nights.   I always take a tux, but that’s because I enjoy “Puttin’ On The Ritz”.

• 4 weeks later...

We have had one MSC cruise in the past but have just booked for Jan 2021. I tried to apply for the status match but we do not have a membership card for the other cruiselines so I am going to try calling instead. We are elite on Celebrity and Platinum on Cunard and NCL so hoping for at least Gold status on MSC.

I have been having trouble also with MSC and their Status Match program.  Yesterday I called again and spoke to a rep for a while and was able to get an email address that would allow me to send in a screen capture and a photo of a sea pass from Celebrity with a request for a match.  I have Elite Plus on CCL, and now have two cruises booked with MSC, so the extra trouble should be worth it.  Here is the email address that I used.  I got a reply within an hour that it was received, so fingers crossed, maybe they'll actually get to work on it.  I included my name and booking number with the status images.

mscvoyagersclub@msccruisesusa.com

Good Luck,

2 hours ago, gmjc2 said:

We have had one MSC cruise in the past but have just booked for Jan 2021. I tried to apply for the status match but we do not have a membership card for the other cruiselines so I am going to try calling instead. We are elite on Celebrity and Platinum on Cunard and NCL so hoping for at least Gold status on MSC.

If your on-line profile on Celebrity, Cunard and/or NCL gives your status and membership number, just screen print it and attach it to your status match application.

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1

Thanks for the advice.

I talked to a customer service person who gave me the e.mail address also.  We are traveling but will be home next week so I will try sending a scan of the latest key card with our status from Celebrity. and NCL. I always keep the key cards so that I can have a record of our cruises.

OK - I am kind of impressed...

We are usually loyal Celebrity cruisers - a few points short of Elite Plus. However, there´s not much cruising with them at the moment... So beginning of October we did a TUI Cruise in Greece which was good.

Now we were looking for a cruise on Christmas. TUI has not yet announced any itineraries and the only thing we didn´t really enjoy on TUI was the 100% focus on all German passengers and taste (incl. selection of food).

So despite having reservations against MSC we booked a cruise with them for Christmas. We figured that we prefer Italian food over German food.

Sunday I applied for a status match from Celebrity Elite. Today (Monday) I received the Gold membership.
So I called my TA and asked her to link the numbers to our booking and to ask MSC if they could apply the 5% discount on the cruise already booked (on Saturday). She came back to me saying MSC did not only apply the 5% but worked it into a promo  and applied a 5 + 5% discount plus 100€ OBC per person.

Not bad! Not bad at all!

Edited by Miaminice

We are also Celebrity Elite and booked a cruise Sat! We have to call because we need the 5% and the OBC plus whatever the Gold gives us!  Hope we have the same customer service person your TA got. We booked directly with MSC though.

Any one have info on if we need a 72 hr negative result or if the pre-boarding quick test will be sufficient?  This will be for January. Also are we able to snorkel independently on Ocean Cay?

Edited by gmjc2

Been trying to send an e.mail concerning our status match and the 5% discount and extra OBC. Th message keeps coming back as undesirable due to maintenance!  I just tried again and it came back! Hopefully it will go through soon it has been 3 days already. I guess I will have to call them.

• 2 weeks later...

Me again! I sent the Celebrity Elite card scan in an e.mail ( It finally worked) after talking to an agent. The e.mail for my husband came back the next day with his confirmation of Gold status. Mine came back saying I was Classic ( which I was already) After I sent another e.mail it was corrected again in 24 hrs! We were given the 5$ discount and told we would get 100.00 OBC each instead of the 50 that came with the booking.

On 10/10/2020 at 10:27 AM, draver said:

I have been having trouble also with MSC and their Status Match program.  Yesterday I called again and spoke to a rep for a while and was able to get an email address that would allow me to send in a screen capture and a photo of a sea pass from Celebrity with a request for a match.  I have Elite Plus on CCL, and now have two cruises booked with MSC, so the extra trouble should be worth it.  Here is the email address that I used.  I got a reply within an hour that it was received, so fingers crossed, maybe they'll actually get to work on it.  I included my name and booking number with the status images.

mscvoyagersclub@msccruisesusa.com

Good Luck,

Any luck? I’ve been waiting all month and haven’t heard anything back. I’m calling this morning.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/19/2021 at 8:01 PM, bstel said:

so I am just a lowly Carnival Red, if I submit, will they match me to Classic and give me the 5%?  also will they still give me the 10% civil servant discount as well?

Most likely you will be matched to Classic which entitles you to the Voyagers Club 5% and any Voyages Selection additional discount sailings.  The Civil Service discount is now 5% on Inside/Ocean View and 10% on Balcony and above.  Currently you cannot combine the Voyagers Club (or Voyages Selection) discount with the Civil Service discount so Civil Service only helps with balcony and above bookings that have no other discounts available.  Even with a balcony and above cabin the lowest Voyages Selection 5+5% is still the better deal because of possible OBC offers and the double Voyagers points.  Luckily if you book with the Civil Service discount and MSC later offers a better deal as a Voyages Selection it is pretty easy to switch.

On 5/21/2019 at 7:44 PM, GenghisQuan said:

Hoping to create some kind of central location for people who have successfully status matched, feel free to update with your experience. Please try to keep it in order so that it's easy to find.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19GS-jpDkoAsPFpIoKqQ8Mxj9-sXOJLqe0Ygfyzz1AwI/edit?usp=sharing

Column 1 is the place you have your non-MSC status, Column 2 is the level of that status, Column 3 is the MSC status that was matched to.

As I understand

Hilton Diamond = Gold

Marriott Gold = Silver

Anyone matched from IHG Platinum who can shed some light on what that matches to?

Thanks.

Princess Cruises Elite level -Diamond (which I cant find on MSC web site???)

Hi, hoping for some guidance in applying for status match,  we are only Elite on Celebrity (would have been E+, but lots of cancelled cruises :( )   We are also Diamond with Hilton Honors though, would we be better off applying under our Hilton Diamond status or would it be the same level as our Celebrity Elite?

thanks in advance for any tips!

Just submitted a status match from Hyatt (WoH Globalist) today.  Had a bit of trouble with the form, it kept kicking me back and unattaching my screenshot, with no error message.  I even resaved it as a pdf, but I think it turned out to be that I usually use a comma in my address field when there isn't a separate line for unit number.  Once I deleted it, the submission went through just fine.

Curious as to the current turnaround time for these - we just had our first shot and are finally willing/able to start booking again!

• Like 1