MSC Current Status Match Tables

GenghisQuan

3 hours ago, Virga said:

Just submitted a status match from Hyatt (WoH Globalist) today.  Had a bit of trouble with the form, it kept kicking me back and unattaching my screenshot, with no error message.  I even resaved it as a pdf, but I think it turned out to be that I usually use a comma in my address field when there isn't a separate line for unit number.  Once I deleted it, the submission went through just fine.

Curious as to the current turnaround time for these - we just had our first shot and are finally willing/able to start booking again!

Hi, thanks, let me know what happens, still trying to decide which status I should use :)

I’ll share my experience.  

submitted match for hhonors diamond, was matched to diamond as previous posters have also experienced.  It did take a follow up email to the voyager club email to check on a response since the original submission was via the website with upload.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2021 at 5:15 PM, diver0311 said:

I’ll share my experience.  

submitted match for hhonors diamond, was matched to diamond as previous posters have also experienced.  It did take a follow up email to the voyager club email to check on a response since the original submission was via the website with upload.

thank you, :) sounds like I should use my Hilton Diamond status then :)  Of course, also sounds like our May cruise might be a no go, I have 8 days to decide to pay off or not...  all vaxxed up & no place to go lol :)

no problem.  it does seem that hhonors was the best for me to match.  

I was just in the same dilemma as you with the April 23 Meraviglia on to cancel or not before final payment.  I would have gone had the cruise sailed so I paid for it and will take the 125 % FCC and use it to secure one later this summer/year. (I believe that cruises will resume this year; my opinion only).  

I have not done that on the previous 3 cruises that were canceled earlier in 2020, but believe that we are closer to resuming sailing.  I can also accept the risk of having one paid for cruise hanging out there, but YMMV.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yesterday we were matched with Gold for our Celebrity Elite Plus. Shame we didn’t do it a couple of years ago we would have matched Black (now Dimond).  Oh well interesting to see how we like MSC. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

Do you need your membership card from other line? I am platinum on Princess but don't have a physical membership card for it....

We used a ship's card from a recent cruise that I hadn't thrown out yet but I would think you can use a print screen from your account at www.princess.com.  Go to My Profile > Cruise History and screen print your name, captain's circle number, total cruises sailed and total cruise days at the top of the page.  I think the color of the Sea Witch icon between your name and number indicates the level too (at least mine is black which corresponds with elite).

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

Do you need your membership card from other line? I am platinum on Princess but don't have a physical membership card for it....

no, I just screen grabbed an email i had from RC that had my name, crown and anchor number and status on it and emailed that to them this morning, I got a reply a couple of hours later to say i now have silver voyagers club membership

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pmd98052 said:

Thanks for the help here yesterday. I sent MSC Screen clip of my Princess Platinum membership (from Princess web site) and this morning got a match to MSC Gold...

That's wonderful!  There is one other thing that doesn't get mentioned often that you may qualify for and result in an even larger discount than the Voyagers Club discount.

MSC offers up to (depending on cabin category) 10% discount for military and civil service (local, state and federal) employees and retirees.  See https://www.msccruisesusa.com/cruise-deals/military-discount-rates.

While the description is entitled Military Cruise Discount, read the small print:

Discount rates apply to all to active and retired U.S. and Canadian military, civil service and interline personnel and their spouses, dependent children, parents, and parents-in-law. Qualifying guests must present an I.D. badge from their respective organization at the time of booking. This discount does not apply to Military and/or Civil Service Rates issued through a dedicated promotion.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Took two weeks to get an answer to my email. Just got a reply. Those that had Carnival Diamond and received MSC Diamond Black consider yourselves super lucky. I filed 3 years ago. From what I understand they were handing out Diamond for Diamond at that time. That is not the truth. They put me in Gold. The email I received today states. MSC NEVER gave a Carnival Diamond holder MSC Diamond. So who is saying a lie? MSC?

On 5/13/2021 at 3:44 PM, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Took two weeks to get an answer to my email. Just got a reply. Those that had Carnival Diamond and received MSC Diamond Black consider yourselves super lucky. I filed 3 years ago. From what I understand they were handing out Diamond for Diamond at that time. That is not the truth. They put me in Gold. The email I received today states. MSC NEVER gave a Carnival Diamond holder MSC Diamond. So who is saying a lie? MSC?

Is Diamond the highest level attainable on Carnival?

On 5/14/2021 at 7:28 PM, shipgeeks said:

Is Diamond the highest level attainable on Carnival?

Yes and No. 20 points are required to reach Diamond. Each day you sail is one point. Prior to this, it was counted as cruises which was not fare to those that cruises on long cruises vs those that did 3 day cruises. So it was switched to day. Far better. They do ahve one more tier which is not listed. If I recall, that requires 500 or 1000 points. (cruise days) Do not remember. They have a different program which rewards you nice. It s called MILESTONE. We would have reached the 50th last year if it was not for all the cancellations.

50% of the cruise fare is given in OBC. Do not think we will reach the 100th for a free cruise. Getting too old. Not enough years left.

Here is MILESTONE rewards.

GUEST RECOGNITION - MILESTONE REWARDS PROGRAM

As part of Carnival’s Guest Recognition Program, Milestone Rewards was developed in appreciation of longtime Carnival guests.  This milestone reward benefit is in addition to the wide range of amenities and privileges that guests already receive as part of the VIFP Club.

Milestone Rewards Program denotes a guest’s 25th, 50th 75th and 100th revenue cruise with Carnival.  Guests will receive a special Milestone Sail & Sign card on their corresponding Milestone cruise.  We want to distinguish guests on their Milestone sailing with a unique card so that we can make his/her Milestone experience extra special and memorable.  After this milestone cruise, they will revert to the card that corresponds to their VIFP level.

In appreciation for their loyalty, the guest will also be granted the opportunity to redeem a future non-refundable onboard credit equivalent to 25%, 50% or 75% of the cruise ticket price, corresponding to the milestone reached. And when a guest reaches his/her 100th cruise, will qualify for a FREE Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, Alaska or Australia cruise of their choice (8 days or less, for 2 guests), in accommodations up to and including Ocean Suites (category OS). This onboard credit may be applied to any future cruise in accordance with the terms and conditions below.  

If you have questions regarding your Milestone rewards, please contact our Milestone's Desk at 877-CCL-VIPS. 877-225-8477

Terms and Conditions (in fine print on the bottom of the Milestone letter)

·       Milestone Reward is valid for its stated value in U.S. dollars, only on Carnival Cruise Line and/or Carnival Australia cruise booking, to be used as a credit on board a ship. The Milestone Reward is not valid on any other cruise line, including any Carnival Corporation affiliate line. Milestone Reward is nontransferable, nonrefundable and has no cash value.

·       Milestone Reward must be redeemed at least 30 days prior to sail date and will be applied to the booking on the week prior to sailing.

·       Only one Milestone Reward is redeemable per guest, per booking; more than one guest per booking may redeem a Milestone Reward.

·       Booking must be made within 18 months of the date stated on the letter from Carnival's Milestone Desk; there is no specific sailing window.