MSC Current Status Match Tables

GenghisQuan

Startet the match yesterday through their online form. One match took 20 minutes the other one around 45. Uploaded Screenshots of the online cards. 

Hilton Gold to Gold and

Shangrila Golden Circle Jade to Gold 

Mailed the New club numbers to our TA today and it's already showing up in the MSC App and Website. 

• Thanks 1

I am lowly bronze on ncl, not much but something!! I did the status match mostly to get the 5%(somethings better than nothing!) when I logged in to see how many points I have/how many I would earn from cruising, they only gave me 1 point! Is this normal? Has anyone else matched to classic and only been given 1 point! Others who have matched to higher tiers, do they just give you the bare minimum points for that level?

12 minutes ago, Anita Latte said:

Exactly. My match level was given the lowest level of points for that level. 4300 for gold.

TBH giving you the points to get you to the status is much better than just giving you that status, as it makes it much easier for you to get to the next level of status.

Only problem with MSC's program is that you need to cruise with them once every...3 years, was it? Because your status will expire otherwise.

14 minutes ago, GenghisQuan said:

TBH giving you the points to get you to the status is much better than just giving you that status, as it makes it much easier for you to get to the next level of status.

Only problem with MSC's program is that you need to cruise with them once every...3 years, was it? Because your status will expire otherwise.

Yes, my understanding is that if you don't contribute to your points at least every three years, your points account will zero out, points will expire, points will die. However you want to put it. And they say that you can only do the status match once, so it's not like you can lose your points and then match up again and start over. It's like a once shot deal. I think it's a wonderful program and I'm very happy to have been given what I was.

6 minutes ago, Anita Latte said:

Yes, my understanding is that if you don't contribute to your points at least every three years, your points account will zero out, points will expire, points will die. However you want to put it. And they say that you can only do the status match once, so it's not like you can lose your points and then match up again and start over. It's like a once shot deal. I think it's a wonderful program and I'm very happy to have been given what I was.

For sure. I just felt it needed to be pointed out because most status match programs with other industries/services just give you the status but not the corresponding nights. For example, I have Marriott Gold via the credit card, but it doesn't give me the corresponding total elite nights for that status, so if I want to make Lifetime Gold or Platinum, I still need to accrue those normally.

On 1/24/2020 at 11:50 AM, Cruisin MarcnFran said:

I made the mistake of using my Marriott Titanium and got MSC Silver. I used for my wife RCI Diamond Plus and she got gold. I am liveried 😲

I seriously wonder if MSC understands the Titanium level...after hearing that Hilton Gold has been matched to Gold. DH is a Titanium and I thought that was one of the highest levels for Marriott.

19 minutes ago, Anita Latte said:

I seriously wonder if MSC understands the Titanium level...after hearing that Hilton Gold has been matched to Gold. DH is a Titanium and I thought that was one of the highest levels for Marriott.

Yeah, that’s pretty cheap to only give silver for Titanium Marriott, although I’m surprised they match hotel status anyway. 

On 5/22/2019 at 12:44 AM, GenghisQuan said:

Hoping to create some kind of central location for people who have successfully status matched, feel free to update with your experience. Please try to keep it in order so that it's easy to find.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19GS-jpDkoAsPFpIoKqQ8Mxj9-sXOJLqe0Ygfyzz1AwI/edit?usp=sharing

Column 1 is the place you have your non-MSC status, Column 2 is the level of that status, Column 3 is the MSC status that was matched to.

As I understand

Hilton Diamond = Gold

Marriott Gold = Silver

Anyone matched from IHG Platinum who can shed some light on what that matches to?

Thanks.

I have just submitted my IHG Spire Elite status for a match so will let you know later this week when they come back to me 😊🤞

On 10/17/2019 at 9:31 AM, Fogfog said:

I am 10 biz days since I emailed them--and no response. Seriously 2 weeks past an email (with a tracking/job number as received by them) and no response. 

Just fwd it all back to them noting the MSC #.

I'll give it a few days and then call.

This is quite disturbing. Just read a thread whereby someone called the the MSC agent was trying to overcharge for a change/cancellation/re-fare thing. Had the guy on the phone waiting 45 min to speak to a supervisor who admitted the pax was correct and still offerred a ridiculous excuse. 

Where is MSC hiring these people from? Broward County FL. Sad statement 

Calling MSC 99% of the time is a huge pain.  They are clueless. I on the other hand had no issues with getting my status match. It was to me wishing 7 days of filling out the form. 

Used the online system and got matched within 5 biz days. Celebrity Select to MSC Gold. I did DH's match at the same time and oddly, the number they issued him doesn't work - I emailed customer service to report the issue so we'll see how long it takes to get it remedied.

RCCL Diamond Plus Member here, sent info to them on Saturday afternoon, recieved email today Tuesday,  just 4 days later I'm now a Gold Member MSC. Thought it might be Black but guess not.

Edited by Jimbo

Used the online system, after a week I called them today.  They needed to update our names, otherwise I only got Classic for Marriott Gold, and my DW got Silver for Marriott Platinum.  Updated the spreadsheet.

Luckily unlike some others I connected with someone who helped me quickly and efficiently, completing the process with no fuss.  Bummed about the match, tho, but I am grateful they do this, especially with hotels.

On 1/29/2020 at 8:58 PM, CORealtor said:

This is the spreadsheet and for some reason it is not opening for me.

For me it opens but no longer shows the status match.  I get a list of expenses for dog sitters and Sophia.  lol

On 2/2/2020 at 9:36 AM, *Miss G* said:

For me it opens but no longer shows the status match.  I get a list of expenses for dog sitters and Sophia.  lol

Looks like someone accidentally deleted the worksheet and started on their family budget!! 😁