MSC Current Status Match Tables

GenghisQuan

Ponant Major to Diamond....

"Thank you for participating in the Status Match program with MSC Cruises, and welcome to the Voyagers Club! You are now Diamond card member and your number is xxxxxxx.  Please contact your Travel Agent to have the Voyagers Club discount added to your booking. Enjoy all your exclusive benefits right away, on your first cruise with MSC Cruises; just don’t forget to communicate your Club number at the time of booking.

As a reminder, the Status Match is a one-time courtesy to allow our guests to join us at a higher level than they might otherwise be able to. Once you’ve been matched, we’re not able to change your level by matching you again, but every cruise you take with us, as well as your on-board spending will add points to your account and increase or maintain your level. You are required to cruise with us at least once every 3 years to retain your membership."

11 hours ago, copper6606 said:

What does the SILVER Status give you?

That information is on the Voyager's Club section of the US MSC website (https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Voyagers-Club.aspx).  Have you checked the Canadian website?  I presume -hopefully not incorrectly - that it has the same information.

On 1/27/2020 at 1:18 PM, Alsmez said:

Used the online system and got matched within 5 biz days. Celebrity Select to MSC Gold. I did DH's match at the same time and oddly, the number they issued him doesn't work - I emailed customer service to report the issue so we'll see how long it takes to get it remedied.

Finally got DH's number sorted after three emails over two weeks to the Voyagers Club. I tried calling but customer service told me they couldn't help and that the only way to in touch with the Voyagers Club people was via email. Not the most efficient process but it all worked out. We booked a 2021 sailing and TA was able to get us the status discount.

I did this quite a while ago and was matched to Black.  I have never sailed MSC yet and I don't know if the number they gave me is still good.  I called and spoke with a rep in sales who said I needed to reapply but I don't think she knew what she was talking about.

I sent two of the agents I work with the info that I had previously received hoping they can find it as I am looking at a booking this fall with them.

Membership expires and all points are lost if three years time passes without cruising with MSC. So, if your status match and membership was done longer than 3 years ago, and you never sailed with MSC, then your membership did indeed expire and you will need to apply for membership again.

Matched Hilton Diamond to MSC Diamond.  Submitted on Sunday, received match on Monday. Created an MSC account on-line, indicated I had a Voyages Club account number, entered it and when I created the account and looked at the profile, it showed Diamond right away. No delays.

1 hour ago, ProjectEchelon said:

Matched Hilton Diamond to MSC Diamond.  Submitted on Sunday, received match on Monday. Created an MSC account on-line, indicated I had a Voyages Club account number, entered it and when I created the account and looked at the profile, it showed Diamond right away. No delays.

Lucky you. When I did this it says "Number already assigned to another account" and I never had one before.

I decided to take a punt ahead of our upcoming April mini-cruise and the following Meraviglia cruise we have in Summer, and see if my Disney Silver Status would get me anything. Given that Silver on DCL is what you get for one cruise (which is all I have done) I wasn't helpful.

I did my request on the website at about 13:30 this afternoon, and I got an email just now at 18:23 confirming my match to MSC Silver. I'm happy enough with that.

Submitted Princess Elite status using a picture of the Captains Circle account webpage 2/26/20.  My wife's MSC Diamond status and VC # were confirmed the next day.  No news on mine yet however even though they were submitted at the same time.

On 3/6/2020 at 10:01 AM, 3StepDam44 said:

RCCL Diamond, matched to Diamond with MSC.

Is Diamond the same as Black? I emailed earlier this week and have RCCL Diamond plus and they matched to Gold. I had expected Black from reading other matches. 

12 hours ago, Sianli said:

Is Diamond the same as Black? I emailed earlier this week and have RCCL Diamond plus and they matched to Gold. I had expected Black from reading other matches. 

They changed it, now only Pinacle is matched with Black ( now called Diamond). RCCL Diamond is for sure not MCC Black / Diamond.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/27/2020 at 9:59 PM, Av8tor said:

Submitted Princess Elite status using a picture of the Captains Circle account webpage 2/26/20.  My wife's MSC Diamond status and VC # were confirmed the next day.  No news on mine yet however even though they were submitted at the same time.

An update:

10 days later and a few calls and e-mails to MSC and I finally matched the same as my wife did - Princess Elite to VC Diamond/Black!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2019 at 7:44 PM, GenghisQuan said:

Hoping to create some kind of central location for people who have successfully status matched, feel free to update with your experience. Please try to keep it in order so that it's easy to find.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19GS-jpDkoAsPFpIoKqQ8Mxj9-sXOJLqe0Ygfyzz1AwI/edit?usp=sharing

Column 1 is the place you have your non-MSC status, Column 2 is the level of that status, Column 3 is the MSC status that was matched to.

As I understand

Hilton Diamond = Gold

Marriott Gold = Silver

Anyone matched from IHG Platinum who can shed some light on what that matches to?

Thanks.

My wife and I are frequent cruisers. We requested status match for or Carnival Platinum with MSC on our Oct/2020 Preziosa cruise and received their GOLD level which we were very satisfied with.

Don and Donna Shedd

Hampstead, NH

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Richard, we are Cunard Diamond as well and have been thinking about doing our first cruise on MSC in 2022.  Can you tell me some information please?  Do you sign up for an account first or status match first? And then book a cruise?  I tried to check their FAQ and am still confused about the order of things.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Thank you for your response shipgeeks!  I just noticed that we also have to include copies of our Diamond Status card from Cunard, and of course my other half did not keep his card.  Do you know if we can send a copy of mine only, and then include his information...will that suffice?  Or, if not, when we book our cruise with MSC, do both of us get the benefits of the higher member?  Thanks in advance.

Do you have any other document with his Cunard status noted?  A booking confirmation, screenshot of account, etc.?  Membership number?

I can't answer your question directly, but I would suggest trying to send something for each of you, just to be sure.

I'm new to the MSC board, but a long time CruiseCritic member.  I have never sailed with MSC and a few days ago we booked a 14 day sailing for this coming December on the Meraviglea out of Miami.  Our sales agent told us to be sure and join the Voyager Club and also apply for the Status Match on the website.  The Status Match entry form is not easy to understand in some entries.  The block for "County" for instance is populated by your state when you enter the zip code. 

Anyway, once I felt like I had filled the form out, I submitted it, but nothing changed on the page.  No "Invalid Entry", flashing blank space, etc. you usually get from erroneous data in forms.  I could not tell if my application was complete, adequate, accurate, processed, etc. and there was no email followup from MSC.  After a few days I called and spoke with an agent.  I was told that because I had joined the Voyager Club first, I could not join and benefit from the Status Match offer.  I asked where I would find that rule, and she couldn't tell me.  I searched and found nothing.

I have been on about 50 or so cruises and have Elite Plus on Celebrity and Diamond and Diamond Plus on Princess and Royal Caribbean.  I mention this since I was expecting to be awarded "Black" on MSC.  Except one place on their site it's called Black, and another it's called Diamond. 

Anyone who can clarify my thinking on this, please respond before I cancel this cruise.

Edited by draver