Bringing alcohol on board

Mudhen

16 minutes ago, Mudhen said:

My daughter and I are considering doing Iceland on the Star breeze.

Can we bring on a bottle of vodka and a bottle of champagne...or will that

be confiscated?

No hard spirits can be brought on board, but a bottle of champagne ought to be OK since you are permitted two bottles of wine.

Enjoy Venice, my favorite place on earth. I hope you have glorious weather for the sail out. We were very fortunate it was perfect. Wonderful wine shops but away from the maddening crowds of Venice. We bought the Rosé Negroamaro wines of Puglia, winderful summer wine, not expensive.  Happy Sailing

We have been to Venice before so we are leaving the day we arrive by train but there seems to be a wine store maybe 4-5 blocks from the Windstar terminal. Thanks for recommendations Strenz!

Second seating

Edited by Second seating

Well, don't everybody pile on and decry me as low class, but I brought about 10 little airline bottles of liquor with me to Tahiti a few months back. It's not that I don't want to pay for it, or didn't buy cocktails onboard, but we like to have a gin and tonic while we're getting ready for dinner. It was Tahiti was there was no scanner but  a cursory luggage check, so doubt we'd pass the test otherwise.

There- I've confessed my sins.

• Like 2

Does anyone have any experience buying wine/champagne at the Reykavik arrivals duty free store?

Not sure how that works but prices are pretty good. Would pick up a couple of bottles of bubbly if it's doable!

Can we drink it on board in our cabin?

Thank you, lilli !!! That's great news! We'll pick up a couple of bottles of champagne before boarding. Lots cheaper than we can get at home, plus there's no carrying it in luggage. Great find!