Wheelchair dependent and shore-excursions

Kiraon

We are planning to book the trip to Iceland, Scotland and Norway with the MS Rotterdam from Holland America Line. But one of us is wheelchair dependent. Does anyone know if the excursions in Iceland, Norway and Scotland can be done with a wheelchair?

Most of the ports in that region have a good variety of shore excursions that should be easily accessible.  I am jealous. I love that part of the world and look forward to returning one day.   The only problem you may have is the tides.  Northern tides can be notoriously high and low.  Some of the inclines to debark can be daunting.  I am not in a chair but they may have special assistance for debarking.  I know on a recent Med cruise with my mother we utilized that a few times.  Call HAL and ask them.  

Edited by Mary229

Are you talking about shore excursions through Holland America?   You should contact them and ask about accessible tours they may be having on your cruise.   Considerations would be if the wheelchair person can transfer, is the wheelchair collapsible (to fit in the tour vehicle), can the person board a tour bus (steps), can the person walk short distances, etc.  

Every wheelchair person has different capabilities and limitations, so even though a tour says it's accessible, does not necessarily mean accessible for everyone.

You can search for "accessibility" on their website for more information.  (And definitely contact Holland America.)

Here is the US link:

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/accessibility.html