Adding Cheers during your cruise?

I know Carnival is strict on the no exceptions to all guests ordering Cheers in the same stateroom, do they offer the option to start Cheers during the cruise once on board and paying for the remaining days? I know it's $5 per day more on board, and pre-ordering is duration of cruise only. Thank you.

On cruises that are 3 or 4 days long the sale of Cheers on board will only be on embarkation day. For longer cruises Cheers could be offered for sale until day 2.

For NYC and Galveston departures there maybe special rules that extend the offer by a day (but you may not know for certain till you board) as liquor laws prevent the use or sale of Cheers until day 2. On trips that depart from these 2 ports on embarkation day all passengers will pay as they go for drinks and then at 6am on day 2 of the cruise Cheers will be in effect, when Cheers is purchased pre-cruise. The online presale does take this special circumstance in to account and decreases the package charge by 1 day.

6 hours ago, maryred said:

Then they have changed it since Sept.2018.

You have always been able to buy Cheers on day two of 3 to 4 day cruises since at least 2014. The only restriction related to days is Cheers isn’t available for 2 day cruises, although Carnival doesn’t do a lot of 2 day cruises. 

52 minutes ago, bnorris10 said:

You can only buy it the first 2 days of the cruise and you still pay full price regardless if you buy it day 1 or day 2 

You do mean the full per day price correct? Your wording could be a bit confusing.

Buying it on day 2 you will only pay for day 2 and the rest of the days remaining of the cruise.  Not day 1.

• Like 1

If I understand the policy, you will be charged for the entire length of the cruise, regardless of which day you purchase it. For example, if you purchase it on the 2nd day of a 5 day cruise, you will be charged for all 5 days. You will get an adjustment in sign&sail for any applicable beverage purchases made prior to buying cheers. If I'm wrong someone here will surely correct me

18 minutes ago, ober134 said:

If I understand the policy, you will be charged for the entire length of the cruise, regardless of which day you purchase it. For example, if you purchase it on the 2nd day of a 5 day cruise, you will be charged for all 5 days. You will get an adjustment in sign&sail for any applicable beverage purchases made prior to buying cheers. If I'm wrong someone here will surely correct me

I am 99% sure you are correct however why you would not want to have it on day 1 baffles me.  You are not going to drink less on day 1 than day 2 believe me

6 hours ago, bnorris10 said:

You can only buy it the first 2 days of the cruise and you still pay full price regardless if you buy it day 1 or day 2 

5 hours ago, Bookbug53 said:

You do mean the full per day price correct? Your wording could be a bit confusing.

Buying it on day 2 you will only pay for day 2 and the rest of the days remaining of the cruise.  Not day 1.

4 hours ago, ober134 said:

The problem here is all of you are right. The policy is up to interpretation of the beverage manager and that final say so wouldn't be known until already on board and subject to the higher "regular" price. Also remember ships have the special circumstances that surround the Cheers program when sailing from NYC or Galveston.  

1 minute ago, maryred said:

Cheers program when sailing from NYC or Galveston.  

That is a completely different situation. You can not buy Cheers on day one so you only pay starting day 2

14 hours ago, ober134 said:

No, you only get charged from 2nd day on. And there is no consideration for the first day of drinks. 

18 hours ago, ober134 said:

You are correct which is why I said does not matter if you buy day 1 or day 2 

if you think you will want it then get it before hand and save the $5 per day

On 5/29/2019 at 2:06 PM, ober134 said:

No, if you buy Cheers the second day, you don't get charged for the first day.  We used to do this regularly and we would just drink our carry-on wine the first day, however since they introduced the online pre-purchase discount, this is less advantageous.  It is true that you have to buy Cheers for the entire remaining cruise days when you buy it (whether pre-cruise, day1, or day2).  Also, there is never an adjustment for drinks you bought prior to buying Cheers.  At least in our experience... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2019 at 3:06 PM, ober134 said:

On 5/30/2019 at 9:20 AM, bnorris10 said:

You are correct which is why I said does not matter if you buy day 1 or day 2 

if you think you will want it then get it before hand and save the $5 per day

No. You will NOT get an adjustment for drinks purchased outside of Cheers and if purchasing the second day you are charged for that day and subsequent days NOT the first day. There is no 'interpretation' by the beverage manager.

Yes you can purchase the CHEERS! Beverage Program on the day after Embarkation and the cost will be based on that day and those of the remaining duration of the cruise.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard the Fun Ships® of Carnival Cruise Line.

Have a FUNtastic Day!
Shelly
Carnival Cruise Line 3655 NW 87th Avenue  Miami FL 33178
305.599.2600  / 1300.385.625 AU
CHOOSE FUN®
Edited by Bookbug53

Guys I think the OP is asking to see if this is a work around for the all parties in the stateroom over 21 must buy Cheers if one buys Cheers rule. I have no input to offer, as both DH and I drink so we buy it before to save the $70. But maybe someone else can help him?

On 5/22/2019 at 11:06 PM, burghman1969 said:

and pre-ordering is duration of cruise only. 

The amount of days covered is the same whenever you buy it.  If it's a 3 or 4 or 7 day package (for example), those are the amount of days you're paying for, whatever day you purchase it on.  

On 6/12/2019 at 7:26 AM, naxer said:

The amount of days covered is the same whenever you buy it.  If it's a 3 or 4 or 7 day package (for example), those are the amount of days you're paying for, whatever day you purchase it on.  

Purchasing on board on the second day you will pay remaining days. You will not be charged for the first day as you will purchase drinks on your sail and sign. You can purchase 6 days for a 7 day or purchase 3 days for a 4 day. You just have to buy on the second day. You will pay more per day if waiting until you board.

But you know. Whatever. Sometimes you just have to throw in the towel on this issue. I tried.

10 minutes ago, Bookbug53 said:

Purchasing on board on the second day you will pay remaining days. You will not be charged for the first day as you will purchase drinks on your sail and sign. You can purchase 6 days for a 7 day or purchase 3 days for a 4 day. You just have to buy on the second day. You will pay more per day if waiting until you board.

But you know. Whatever. Sometimes you just have to throw in the towel on this issue. I tried.

I hear ya.  When I purchased on the second day from ports where Cheers! was immediately available (like Miami), my first day's purchases were credited back to me.  Just my experience, as happened to me four months ago on the Glory. 

Edited by naxer
clarity

On 5/29/2019 at 11:38 AM, Bookbug53 said:

Correct!