Countdown Clocks

On 5/29/2019 at 6:04 PM, CC Help Jenn said:

Nothing of much substance,  though I did mention earlier that the team is alerted and it is on the queue to be worked on.  Aside from that I don't know when this will be added on the schedule.

Thanks for your patience

@CC Help Jenn

Did you pass the content of my previous post to the team re the certificate being out of date- my browser Firefox flags this up as being a danger

so it doesnt load the images unless I override  block.   When I tell it to ignor the the certificate being out of date it works fine

image.thumb.png.77e1f21382464a1e0eaabbcf4f49be33.png

3 minutes ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

You have to manually edit the code. Right click on one of my clocks and open in new tab or window, copy link address,  edit ship name & Date then insert in signature with image tags. http://www.bbcode.org/examples/?id=10NotHope this helps.

Thanks! I think i'll leave the old countdown there a little while to see if they fix them.

20 hours ago, Aulanis said:

@CC Help Jenn

Did you pass the content of my previous post to the team re the certificate being out of date- my browser Firefox flags this up as being a danger

so it doesnt load the images unless I override  block.   When I tell it to ignor the the certificate being out of date it works fine

image.thumb.png.77e1f21382464a1e0eaabbcf4f49be33.png

I did but I will make sure that post is highlighted for the tech team when they do work on this

17 hours ago, the_dylaness said:

So bummed! I also used to like the counter by another company whose name I can't remember, counted ships, trips, ports etc... stopped working for me a year or so ago.

The name is Cruise Ships by NauticalCities at http://www.cruise-ships.com/. It is not a countdown clock. It says "My Cruising Profile" & shows the counts for your trips, ships, cruise lines and ports. Also gives you a ranking such as Deckhand, Cruise Director, Captain, etc. according to your stats.

Here are a couple more countdown clock sites for anyone that is interested:

https://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php

https://www.cruisetimetables.com/

Try Google for lots more.

Edited by TxCityKat
Typo due to fat fingers & skinny keys!

I can still see ALL the clocks - if you have one do not delete it. 

Just be patient until  tech team look at it.

@SoccerMom#3     You dont look to have a clock set up?

@SCGamecock80  you dont have any either unless you have covered them up with your long list of cruises

you should be able to set one up here  https://www.cruisecritic.com/vbulletin/countdown.cfm

BUT it wont appear in your posts until the problem is fixed.

Edited by Aulanis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aulanis said:

I can still see ALL the clocks - if you have one do not delete it. 

Just be patient until  tech team look at it.

@SoccerMom#3     You dont look to have a clock set up?

@SCGamecock80  you dont have any either unless you have covered them up with your long list of cruises

you should be able to set one up here  https://www.cruisecritic.com/vbulletin/countdown.cfm

BUT it wont appear in your posts until the problem is fixed.

Thanks so much for your response.  I deleted my countdown clock the other day before I realized it was not just me with a countdown clock issue.  I just now set it up again and then will wait till the problem is fixed.  

Again, thanks so much and I look forward to counting down again soon 🙂

Elise

Just posting to keep the 2 threads together -  I see both clocks - the CC one and the one at Natix.net which

along with the other Natix ones seems to be just a picture not counting down.

see my expanded signature Ive got three clocks. I had two countdown clock links  on my signature then later added the third clock tonight. Right click on the first of your links it will come up with a warning message click on advanced once and accept risk . Then refresh and you should have your clock/s back. Credit for this goes to Aulanis on a different countdown clock help thread.Good luck folks!

34 minutes ago, Minya said:

see my expanded signature Ive got three clocks. I had two countdown clock links  on my signature then later added the third clock tonight. Right click on the first of your links it will come up with a warning message click on advanced once and accept risk . Then refresh and you should have your clock/s back.

Sorry - I don't "get it" - a right click doesn't give me an Advanced option

19 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Sorry - I don't "get it" - a right click doesn't give me an Advanced option

It may depend on the browser Alulanis and I both  use Firefox. Actually I did delete my old clock settings and did them again  with no picture result. It was on this  later link that i right clicked.Try going into your account settings then signature and where you have desired countdown clock right click from there. If  you dont see  the certificate   then try deleting the old links and gong into countdown clocks as I did to set them up again.  once you have info in your  signature then try right clicking.if it still doesnt work I throw this open to others here ...your suggestions?.

Edited by Minya
fix

10 hours ago, Minya said:

It may depend on the browser Alulanis and I both  use Firefox. Actually I did delete my old clock settings and did them again  with no picture result. It was on this  later link that i right clicked.Try going into your account settings then signature and where you have desired countdown clock right click from there. If  you dont see  the certificate   then try deleting the old links and gong into countdown clocks as I did to set them up again.  once you have info in your  signature then try right clicking.if it still doesnt work I throw this open to others here ...your suggestions?.

I can see your sailed clock  now!

4 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Whose sailed clock can you see?

Well thats weird . I just looked before and couldnt see YOUR sailed  clock  nor any of mine nor anyone elses. . Then I clicked on my  aviator, my name , account settings, and signature. I scrolled down to  my countdown links and right clicke nothing happened. Then I went bacnk and looked at my expanded signature  again and hey presto yours and mine and clocks of others reappeared.

O.k what now suggest you delete your sailed clock. then go to the countdown clock link   https://www.cruisecritic.com/vbulletin/countdown.cfm

create your clock for your next cruise   and copy the link . Go striaght to your name account settings, signature and paste in the link . save. Then right click the countdown clock link you  have made Do you see the certificate?  Yes? then follow on from what we have said . Refresh  and look the clock should be there.  If you didnt s ee the certificate then i dont know compatible browser?Yyou may have to wait for cc to fix the issue.   Good luck

Stickman I have  just realsied  I can see not only your sailed cruise but on expanded signature under the clock your two future cruises If you created them sometime ago you may need to delete all three and recreate the two future ones if you want to look at them now. otherwise you could just wait until cc fix..

Edited by Minya
fix