Help? Rum Point....?

We are sailing on Liberty June 2nd...I've done this itinerary numerous times. I've always wanted to go to Rum Point in Gr. Cayman but have never made it.  Can anyone offer suggestions of best ways to get there from the ship, be it excursions, private taxi, whatever? Looking for tips.  Thank you!

Rum Point is lovely and worth the effort... but it is an effort.  It is a long expensive taxi ride, or you can book tour that happens to stop there for a short time (some snorkel/stingray boat tours stop there for lunch.)  We rented a car which required getting a shuttle from the dock to the airport to get the car, and a 45 minute drive.  Then the reverse to go back.

Rent a car is best...but indeed....it's a long way out there.  Go too early, you will find most things closed until later in the day.  Go too late...miss the ship.  Been there done that...not interested in doing it again.  

We did an excursion that wasn't through the ship that stopped at Stingray City, stopped for snorkeling and then on the Rum Point for lunch and a short stay.  I had always wanted to go too, but it seemed the taxi/land option wasn't feasible.  I would recommend doing it this way.  We weren't very interested in stopping at Stingray City or snorkeling, but ended up really enjoying the stingrays.  We got there before the "masses" and our guide was really great.  There were only about 10 of us on the boat and the other groups that stopped there had lots of people onboard, so it was really nice having a small group.

4 hours ago, Spike2000 said:

Yeah, we did a stingray tour that also had a lunch stop at Rum Point...Excellent excursion & Rum Point was really nice...

Same here, but can't find my pictures of it.  Nice secluded spot, I thought the food was overpriced but the long pier has some neat fish and it's a shady spot.