LaGuardia

Peachypooh

For those of you wondering about going from LGA to MCT...

Here is an update on LaGuardia as I have flown in and out of there twice this month.

The good news-They have opened a new section that is absolutely gorgeous. Just

like any other high end airport. We flew American and once we were in it, but once

in the old area).

The not so good-Construction is really messing things up. If you are staying overnight

at one of the airport hotels the night before your cruise the hotel shuttles are still able

to pick you up in front of the terminal but you will have to go up to the departures level to

catch them. If you need a taxi you will have to take a bus that reads "taxi shuttle" to where the

taxis are now waiting. This can take awhile. We rented a car and it took us 2 hours from the time

we landed until we exited the airport due to having to take one bus then the rental car

shuttle. As far as car services go you should call them to arrange a pick up to see the latest

on where to meet them.

We go there because it is our only non stop option but just be aware you need to build in

extra time.

Hi all.  First time in NYC... We are flying into LGA in a few weeks midweek arriving 830am  to spend a few days in NYC pre-cruise.  What is the most efficient and reasonable cost option to get to a hotel on 42nd St. a little south of Times Square area? Not interested in public transportation due to luggage.  Taxi, Uber, Super Shuttle? Thanks!

39 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Hi all.  First time in NYC... We are flying into LGA in a few weeks midweek arriving 830am  to spend a few days in NYC pre-cruise.  What is the most efficient and reasonable cost option to get to a hotel on 42nd St. a little south of Times Square area? Not interested in public transportation due to luggage.  Taxi, Uber, Super Shuttle? Thanks!

Since LaGuardia is under construction this is something that changes from day to day. The last time we were there (Monday of this week) you now have to take a bus marked "taxi shuttle" to the taxi stand. I believe LaGuardia now has an Uber waiting lounge where they will help you connect with your ride. I would go to the LaGuardia airport info site for more information.

You can use a car service and call them for exact pickup location.  This should be the fastest type service. There are several car services listed on this east coast boards.  

Edited by AF-1

23 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

I am cruising to Bermuda in two weeks, and I am also flying into LGA.  I am staying at a hotel a few blocks off  42nd street.  I am planning to get to midtown Manhattan using the NYC ExpressBus that leaves Terminal D. It will drop me off at the Port Authority Bus Terminal--very  close to hotel.   This is probably not the fast way, but it was a great price.  It will work for me.