Reykjavic Tour - Artic Adventures? Has anyone used them?

Has anyone used this touring company?  We are specifically looking at this tour

https://adventures.is/iceland/day-tours/sightseeing-tours/jokulsarlon-skaftafell-from-reykjavik/

I would love some feedback.  We are definitely interested in doing South Coast only and love that

this tour includes Diamond Beach.

Thank you,
Stephanie

They are a reputable company but that is a VERY long day, with a good 8 hours of drive time.   If you only have one day in port and are ok with that much time in a bus, then  go for it.  If you have  more time, or prefer less drive time, do a south coast tour that does not include Jokulsarlon.  It is 2+ hours beyond the rest of the south coast sites.  There is also no guarantee there will be any ice in the lagoon or on the beach, just to forewarn you.  It comes and goes with the winds and tides.

10 hours ago, ljandgb said:

They are a reputable company but that is a VERY long day, with a good 8 hours of drive time.   If you only have one day in port and are ok with that much time in a bus, then  go for it.  If you have  more time, or prefer less drive time, do a south coast tour that does not include Jokulsarlon.  It is 2+ hours beyond the rest of the south coast sites.  There is also no guarantee there will be any ice in the lagoon or on the beach, just to forewarn you.  It comes and goes with the winds and tides.

Yes, I am worried about that! We were also thinking that this very long tour *might* give us the very best chance to see Northern lights if that is at all possible on the 19th.  We have a 1/2 day after that in Reykajavic. Then 1 day in Aureyki.  Can you suggest a shorter South Coast tour?  Or do you have any recommendations?  I would be grateful.

1 hour ago, dustball said:

Yes, I am worried about that! We were also thinking that this very long tour *might* give us the very best chance to see Northern lights if that is at all possible on the 19th.  We have a 1/2 day after that in Reykajavic. Then 1 day in Aureyki.  Can you suggest a shorter South Coast tour?  Or do you have any recommendations?  I would be grateful.

I highly recommend GeoIceland.  We had a fantastic South Coast tour with them last September.  They use small mini-vans, and we had a number of them filled with folks from our ship. (The guides spaced things out so people weren't all turning up at the same place at once.)   Our guide was one of the best we've ever had.   The day was very long and tiring, but well worth it.  I can't imagine having gone several more hours (especially as we had a full-day Golden Circle tour the next day.)  The South Coast is absolutely stunning.  Be sure you are wearing waterproof shoes and have rain gear with you.

If you'd like to see a few of my photos from our South Coast tour, they are at post number 8 on this thread (and you'll see why you need rain gear, even on a sunny day  :classic_smile:):

What time of year will you be there?

Any south coast tour that does not include Jokulsarlon is fine, as they all hit the standard sites. You’re biggest decision is big bus or smaller van/mini bus. 

*Your

Darn autocorrect!

Now that I'm off my phone, most south coast tours stop at Vik.  I'd  just look at various tours for some of the differences.  Add a glacier walk? Horse ride? Zip lining? And like I said, big bus vs small van.

There's  little chance of seeing the NL late May to early September.   The flip side of being there when you do have  a chance to see them is you'll be doing a lot of driving in the dark, so will miss the scenery.