Cruise Critic Community
WNCtourist

Should we get new policy in case we can't transfer the current one?

I am trying to get a travel insurance policy transfer from a cruise we cancelled to a new cruise we booked on a different line. My deadline to purchase a new policy to get pre-existing conditions covered is June 3, and now I'm getting concerned that we won't get a decision about transferring the existing policy in time. Assuming I don't hear anything, should I buy a new policy on June 3 and use the 10-day review time as a buffer to buy a little more time? Thanks.

1 hour ago, WNCtourist said:

I am trying to get a travel insurance policy transfer from a cruise we cancelled to a new cruise we booked on a different line. My deadline to purchase a new policy to get pre-existing conditions covered is June 3, and now I'm getting concerned that we won't get a decision about transferring the existing policy in time. Assuming I don't hear anything, should I buy a new policy on June 3 and use the 10-day review time as a buffer to buy a little more time? Thanks.

What insurer or broker are you using?

When we did this (transfer a policy), we called Steve (TripInsuranceStore.com) about out Travel Insured policy, and within a VERY short time, we had a new policy for the replacement cruise sent directly to us by email (as usual).

All the same day...

GC