Tagish Lake Kennel

wgeo

This is probably simple, but I'm confused.  Sometimes the kennel is called Tagish Lake Kennel and sometimes its called Tutshi Sled Dog Tours.  Those two lakes are in different areas.  We are renting a car and driving and want to stop here, but I'm not sure where to find them!    As far as I can see there is no actual address on their website.

TIA

Tutshi Sled Dog Tours is about 46 miles from the cruise terminal on the Klondike Highway.   We stopped by on the way back from Emerald Lake and did the dog mushing.    You will see a sign Tutshi Sled Dogs at the entrance.  I highly recommend this place.   The puppies were 4 weeks old as of last week.  I can't answer the other question.  Michelle owns property elsewhere in the area so hence the other name?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wgeo said:

This is probably simple, but I'm confused.  Sometimes the kennel is called Tagish Lake Kennel and sometimes its called Tutshi Sled Dog Tours.  Those two lakes are in different areas.  We are renting a car and driving and want to stop here, but I'm not sure where to find them!    As far as I can see there is no actual address on their website.

TIA

IMG_0236.JPG

• Like 1

In doing a bit of research, it appears the Tagish Lake location is for winter tours whereas Tutshi is their summer location. From the Tagish Lake Kennel website:

"Come to meet the friendly, happy and beautiful sled dogs. Learn how to mush your own team on an unforgettable winter dog sledding adventure through the breathtaking Southern Lakes. Or come to tour our summer camp at Tutshi Lake for cart rides, a musher’s presentation, and to meet the puppies. Tagish Lake Kennel is a sled-dog paradise just waiting for you to discover."

The address for the Tutshi facility is on their Facebook page:

Km 74.5 South Klondike Highway, Carcross, YT Y0B 1B0, Canada

Link for the summer tours:

http://www.tagishlakekennel.com/tutshi-sled-dog-summer-tours/

Might want to call them directly with any other questions. Hope this helps and good luck!