Laem Chabang Port (Bangkok)

Jamietravelstheworld

I will have 2 days where we are docked at Laem Chabang in Thailand, which is a good 2 hour drive to Bangkok. I've been to Bangkok before (and loved it), but for at least one of the 2 days would prefer to do something closer to the cruise port. Not finding a lot from googling or ships's shore excursions. Any suggestions or experiences?

Jamie

traveling on Regent Seven Seas Auckland to Hong Kong Jan 2020

I don't see why you wouldn't want to maximize your time on shore.

IMO, the only 2 options are to either spend both nights in Bangkok or Pattaya, and return to the ship when it's about to leave.

BKK is 2 hours north of LC, Pattaya is like 1.5 south.  Pick a city to spend both nights in and enjoy.  There's nothing to do in LC, really.

• Like 1

Our hours in LC were 7AM with an overnight and leaving at 5PM.

With others from our roll call we took a transfer with Mehke/Oriental Escape to BK, we were there before 11AM (since the Thai authorities quite messed our disembarkation...), spent the night in BK at the Chatrium Riverside, and we were picked up at 1PM the following day, being back on ship at 3.15PM. The rate was 24$ pp return for a van of 10.

I think that we've made the most of our stay in BK, even though we've been there before.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/26/2019 at 7:13 AM, yoolykeme said:

I don't see why you wouldn't want to maximize your time on shore.

IMO, the only 2 options are to either spend both nights in Bangkok or Pattaya, and return to the ship when it's about to leave.

BKK is 2 hours north of LC, Pattaya is like 1.5 south.  Pick a city to spend both nights in and enjoy.  There's nothing to do in LC, really.

Pattaya is only 30 minutes away from the port, your times are not correct.  It is only about 25 kms from the port to Pattaya. 

The Sriracha Tiger Zoo is another option if you do not want to go far, it is about 30 minutes east of the port. Has one of the largest collections of tigers in the World. It is a breeding center for tigers. Many large areas with tigers and other animals.  

2 hours ago, Expat Cruise said:

Pattaya is only 30 minutes away from the port, your times are not correct.  

Agreed.

Though unless you want to laze on a beach there's little in town during the day.

In the evening, Walking Street is .... err .....um ..... interesting :classic_wink:

Googleimages for "Walking Street Pattaya".

OK, so you've visited Bangkok before.

But if you're gonna go there, I suggest you do the same as us and others on this thread - book a city hotel.

And pre-book your transfer - taxis at the pier are in a cartel & will screw those who have no alternative. 

JB :classic_smile:

Edited by John Bull