San Juan - Freedom - Airport drop off

We will be sailing on the Freedom in December, and our return flight to Toronto is not until 4:00pm - was thinking of doing the Old and New San Juan City Tour with Airport drop off.

Has anyone had any experience with this tour thru Royal.

Comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you:classic_smile:

Edited by Cthy651

I have taken a taxi to the airport, checked in, checked my bags....then walked back out to grab another taxi to downtown when I had a late flight.  Worked for me, but it has been years since.  Not sure how early airport will take your bags, but a 4:00 flight is not really that late anyway.  

BTW...love your kitty picture.  Such a pretty face!  🙂 

Edited by island lady

I have not done that particular but have done others. The way it worked for us was; we got off the ship and were met outside by the tour company, our luggage was loaded onto the tour bus, we did the tour (our bus and luggage stayed with us the entire time) and then after the tour we were dropped off at the airport. We got our luggage off the bus and proceeded through Agriculture inspection, checked our luggage with the airline and then proceeded through TSA inspection.

24 minutes ago, Cthy651 said:

Thank you for your responses.

Thank you Island lady, my kitty is no longer with us, but I miss him everyday, he had quite the personality.

Oh...I am so sorry for the loss of your kitty.   I just lost mine to cancer two weeks ago today.  She is also my avatar picture.  They give so much and ask for so little, we have far too short a time on this earth with them.  They live forever in our hearts.  😺

Edited by island lady

4 hours ago, Cthy651 said:

...was thinking of doing the Old and New San Juan City Tour with Airport drop off.

Has anyone had any experience with this tour thru Royal.

We just did it 6 days ago.

• PROS: comfortable bus, friendly driver, an hour or so to spend exploring Old San Juan, you can leave your personal stuff on the bus during your stops, and your luggage is waiting for you at the airport.
  • CONS: most of the time is spent driving - other than our stop in old San Juan, we only had a couple of 10 - 15 minute stops at various locations.  Also, you will not have enough time to visit the forts during that hour!  Finally - very important - there is NO luggage storage on the bus.  No outside storage trunks, no overhead bins... nothing.  Anything you bring on should fit under the seat in front or you or on your lap.

I hope this helps!

--bruce T.

18 minutes ago, Cthy651 said:

Btank,

If there is no luggage storage on the bus, where do they keep the suitcases?  We will be travelling with 2 suitcases and 1 carryon.

On our excursion, the luggage went via separate vehicle.

1 hour ago, Cthy651 said:

If there is no luggage storage on the bus, where do they keep the suitcases?  We will be travelling with 2 suitcases and 1 carryon.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

On our excursion, the luggage went via separate vehicle.

Clarea called it.  When we exited customs, the porter took us over to a truck.  We let them load our luggage, as well as two small carryons (we kept my laptop and camera bag on the bus).  After the tour, we were brought to an area outside of Terminal 3 where our luggage was waiting for us (supervised by two people).  Note that there were no porters there - I had to walk down to Terminal 2 to get a porter, then brought him back to Terminal 3 so he could take our bags to Terminal 1!

--bruce T.

Edited by Btank