Starbucks Gift Cards

Redsky5292

Morning!  I did a quick search and could not find the answer to my question so I apologize if this has been asked before.  Can we use a Starbucks gift card at a Starbucks on board or do we use our room cards to pay?  Just curious!  We are sailing the Getaway this summer and I am super excited that I'll be able to get high octane iced tea at the Starbucks!!!!

People have reported on here that you can use them onboard on other ships. I have a feeling that you may also be able to collect stars.

Edit: found a couple of links. It seems that you can use them on the Bliss, so I it's certainly possible that it will be the same on the Getaway.

Edited by KeithJenner

24 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

People have reported on here that you can use them onboard on other ships. I have a feeling that you may also be able to collect stars.

Edit: found a couple of links. It seems that you can use them on the Bliss, so I it's certainly possible that it will be the same on the Getaway.

We were able to use the card on Royal Caribbean ships where they have a free standing Starbucks (not just " proudly serving Starbucks". Could not collect stars. But could use the app and the card. We could never use a card or app on any Norwegian ship; one barista explained that they fall under the " proudly serving Starbucks" category.
Happy to hear that it can be done on the Bliss. Will find out in January for sure.

Edited by Arzeena

1 hour ago, bossnyc said:

On the Escape in November 2018, the Atrium cafe only sold star bucks products.

But,,, it is not a Starbucks. It’s like the cafeteria in our building selling Starbucks coffee, but it is not a Starbucks store.  

• Like 1

There is mixed reporting on this.  However, I watched a very detailed review of the Bliss and the traveler stated they could use a Starbucks gift card while on board.  You cannot redeem Starbucks points but you can earn them.  You also can use your room card.

None of this is from personal experience but just reporting what I have read in the reviews.