Peacocks on Coco Cay❓

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There is still at least 40% of the island that is undeveloped.

Huge gates with guards keep you from walking down to the other end now.  Would have to take your word for it, since we can't get down there now to see if anything natural is still alive.  All looked pretty tore up when we checked it out with the binoculars from the top deck of the ship.  😮 

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Huge gates with guards keep you from walking down to the other end now.  Would have to take your word for it, since we can't get down there now to see if anything natural is still alive.  All looked pretty tore up when we checked it out with the binoculars from the top deck of the ship.  😮 

There was another thread with ariel photos posted. 

33 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There was another thread with ariel photos posted. 

I couldn't find it.  I just know what we ran into when we tried to do our walk to the other end.   No access now.  

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I couldn't find it.  I just know what we ran into when we tried to do our walk to the other end.   No access now.  

We saw the peafowl, chickens and iguana in the South Beach area near the clamshells. 

6 hours ago, island lady said:

How sad.  Was looking forward to my walk to the far end when we visit in August via Mariner of the Seas.  

12 hours ago, island lady said:

There can't be much room for them to get away from people and out of the construction zone and bulldozed area.   Not much natural area left there now.   Habitat gone..animals won't make it for long.  

😪

12 hours ago, Tagsalong said:

How sad.  Was looking forward to my walk to the far end when we visit in August via Mariner of the Seas.  

We are back there again next week.  I will once again miss our usual favorite thing to do also...was always to don some walking shoes after walking the beach and doing the nature trail up to the far end which ended with a little dip in the water, then hang out on the high point bluff that looks out over the island and of the ship tendered out. 

All changed now.  

10 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

😪

Royal has made an effort to replace vegetation as much as possible.   The peacock I saw was not far from the south beach bungalows in a clump of newly planted vegetation.

Steve

2 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

Royal has made an effort to replace vegetation as much as possible.   The peacock I saw was not far from the south beach bungalows in a clump of newly planted vegetation.

Steve

Most likely they will gather them all up and put them in a small zoo...then charge to see them...another new way for RCI to make more money.  😮😉 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, island lady said:

Most likely they will gather them all up and put them in a small zoo...then charge to see them...another new way for RCI to make more money.  😮😉 

😂 it’s only funny because it’s probably true.

• Like 1