Ocean Ready Questions/Answers

Host CJSKIDS

Oooops, I just missed the 20 minute window.  I started reading through the posts here and something came to mind.  My final payment has been made,  but it is too soon to show "processed" in the Princess system.  I highly suspect that is the reason for my issue.  I need to have a little patience and give it some time.

• Like 1

Yes, it is kinda incomprehensible that you cannot get the medallions mailed to you unless you use the Ready app.  I can't even get it to accept my Booking number, let alone all of the glitches talked about here.  Called Princess; yes, booking number is valid; yes they are showing that I have set up my profile on the Ready app (all that I could do); and they have no idea why it won't accept my booking number.  So I guess I am kinda glad that I was just going to check-in at the port and pick up my medallions then.  The extra time doesn't bother me.  All part of the vacation experience!!  Last I heard, IT will be back to me in 2-3 business days...... yeah, we'll see!!!  Great concept, it just doesn't work........ for me!

Pooh

Edited by PoohUnderstands

2 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Yes, it is kinda incomprehensible that you cannot get the medallions mailed to you unless you use the Ready app.  I can't even get it to accept my Booking number, let alone all of the glitches talked about here.  Called Princess; yes, booking number is valid; yes they are showing that I have set up my profile on the Ready app (all that I could do); and they have no idea why it won't accept my booking number.  So I guess I am kinda glad that I was just going to check-in at the port and pick up my medallions then.  The extra time doesn't bother me.  All part of the vacation experience!!  Last I heard, IT will be back to me in 2-3 business days...... yeah, we'll see!!!  Great concept, it just doesn't work........ for me!

Pooh

Bummer. Sorry to hear that. 

We’re all set up for our next two cruises. Easy peasy. 

Gotta wonder what the glitch is in the system that lets some just slide through and seems to block others. 

On 5/24/2019 at 4:54 PM, jovisoul said:

Thank you for starting this new thread.

I went into Ocean.com and was finally able to reset my password and am now able to get on the Ocean Ready app. Couldn’t add my cruise in October because it’s still too far out. I guess when we are 75 days out/final payment date I will be able to add it.

Thank you for this information, I guess that is why i can not finish my Ocean Ready either-we are sailing in Jan 2020

Edited by carmendmun

My husband and I are traveling on the Royal in September.  I have completed the Ocean Ready app (said medallions will be mailed) on my android phone.  I also have an IPad - can I download this app to my IPad?  We are interested

in being able to be in touch with each other and one of us would use the phone and the other the IPad.  How do I make this happen and do we need to download another app.   Will this allow us to somehow communicate with each other...sorry we are not really tech savvy.

36 minutes ago, meh56 said:

My husband and I are traveling on the Royal in September.  I have completed the Ocean Ready app (said medallions will be mailed) on my android phone.  I also have an IPad - can I download this app to my IPad?  We are interested

in being able to be in touch with each other and one of us would use the phone and the other the IPad.  How do I make this happen and do we need to download another app.   Will this allow us to somehow communicate with each other...sorry we are not really tech savvy.

I have OceanReady on my iPad and the OceanCompass app allows us to find our friends & to text them but without any audible notification.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ocean-medallion/

Edited by Astro Flyer

4 hours ago, shopgirl151 said:

My passport was entered and it was accepted.  Logged in now to finish Ocesn Ready and my passport section is now red.  Anyone know how to fix this?

I’ve had that problem & it eventually corrected itself...if not call their Navigator’s section: 844-525-0942

Has anyone done nothing to get Ocean ready or apped up, and just showed up at the port like usual?  I might decide to wade through it, but the thought of getting my in-laws (in another state) sorted out, does not seem compatible with my sanity!

It is my understanding that you can just show up, and check in like always. It will take a little longer, but not much. 

However, it is something that you will probably have to do eventually. From what Princess told me after the first time thru, you only do updates as needed on subsequent medallion cruises. For instance, my passport is good until 2026. Until I get a new one, I will not have to scan it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, paul929207 said:

It is my understanding that you can just show up, and check in like always. It will take a little longer, but not much. 

However, it is something that you will probably have to do eventually. From what Princess told me after the first time thru, you only do updates as needed on subsequent medallion cruises. For instance, my passport is good until 2026. Until I get a new one, I will not have to scan it. 

In March I could scan my passport’s code into the OceanReady app which automatically added my information.  I recently renewed my passport however the OR app didn’t add my new information.  I had to update my passport information in my Cruise Personalizer & in the Ocean.com website.

Just another glitch in the OR app as some of us have different experiences attempting to do the same things...it’s still a work in progress.

50 minutes ago, shopgirl151 said:

Anyone know how to print off the Ocean Ready pass from the iPhone 6s?  Went into Ocean.com but nothing there to print it either.  

By OR "pass", do you mean your printed boarding pass? If so, don't believe your boarding pass will be available on OR. You'll need to go to your Cruise Personalizer for that. 

1 hour ago, shopgirl151 said:

Anyone know how to print off the Ocean Ready pass from the iPhone 6s?  Went into Ocean.com but nothing there to print it either.  

16 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

By OR "pass", do you mean your printed boarding pass? If so, don't believe your boarding pass will be available on OR. You'll need to go to your Cruise Personalizer for that. 

In the OR app I was able see that boarding pass but despite their statement to print it there was no way to do it.  Instead I took a screenshot with the QR code to have it on my phone.

I also printed my Cruise Personalizer’s boarding passes as a backup & to show we were on B2B cruises so both of us could bring two fee free 750ml bottles of wine during embarkation.

22 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

In the OR app I was able see that boarding pass but despite their statement to print it there was no way to do it.  Instead I took a screenshot with the QR code to have it on my phone.

I also printed my Cruise Personalizer’s boarding passes as a backup & to show we were on B2B cruises so both of us could bring two fee free 750ml bottles of wine during embarkation.

Great plan. I agree and always take screen shots from OR to save in photo favorites on my phone (backup plan A). Then go to Personalizer and print boarding passes (backup plan B) to put in my folder of paperwork. Thus far never had to resort to either back up plan but my moto is better to have and not need than to need and not have. 

I went back to OR to look again to see if they enabled a way to print from the ap as is implied on the page. Like the OP observed, no way I could see to print it directly from the ap. The only work around I could find was to save to photos then print from photos. With all of that, seemed easier to me to print directly from the cruise personalizer.  

2 hours ago, Ep010835 said:

Great plan. I agree and always take screen shots from OR to save in photo favorites on my phone (backup plan A). Then go to Personalizer and print boarding passes (backup plan B) to put in my folder of paperwork. Thus far never had to resort to either back up plan but my moto is better to have and not need than to need and not have. 

I went back to OR to look again to see if they enabled a way to print from the ap as is implied on the page. Like the OP observed, no way I could see to print it directly from the ap. The only work around I could find was to save to photos then print from photos. With all of that, seemed easier to me to print directly from the cruise personalizer.  

I was able to print a boarding pass through the Ocean.com website however it combined our B2B 7 day cruises into a 14 day cruise.  That’s why I printed the CP’s two 7 day cruises boarding passes in case there was an issue with our 2 bottles of wine for each of us.  I also like to have contingency plans to be prepared for situations...particularly during the glitchy transition to MedallionClass.

Everything was OceanReady but at check-in they needed our passports to correct a snafu which took longer than previously to check-in with a cruise-card...no faster process for us.

Edited by Astro Flyer

5 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

That’s what I did too. Took a screen shot and printed from my pictures.

I'm on the Caribbean Princess right now.  We boarded yesterday.  Here are my thoughts on the Medallions after 24 hours:

Good:

Love the ability to find shipmates.  

Love ordering a drink and having it delivered to wherever I may be on the ship

Liked the easy boarding.  From the time we got out of Uber to when we walked on the gangway, it was about 15 minutes.  This was at 11:00 AM

Like have having the schedule available on my phone.

Like having my door open when I get within ten feet or so

Bad

Heavy learning curve - at least for us.  You have to be logged into the ship's wifi.  It's free but we talked to so many people (mostly seniors) that didn't know that fact.  

We've logged into our wifi at least twenty times in past day.  My wife's phone drops it after three or four minutes.  This may be a phone issue - not a Princess issue.  She has a Galaxy Note 3.  My phone is better but I still have to continually login

Login takes too long.  You need to enter first name, last name, cabin number and date of birth.  date of birth is from drop down menus and takes a couple minutes each time.

No online help.  The help desk had about twenty people in line.  We waited almost an hour to get help.

I think it's a good idea and it's probably the future of sailing.  In my opinion, it needs more work.

By the way, i asked why there needed to be five apps instead of one.  I was told if it was one app, it would take to long to load and execute.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, pinguy said:

I'm on the Caribbean Princess right now.  We boarded yesterday.  Here are my thoughts on the Medallions after 24 hours:

Good:

Love the ability to find shipmates.  

Love ordering a drink and having it delivered to wherever I may be on the ship

Liked the easy boarding.  From the time we got out of Uber to when we walked on the gangway, it was about 15 minutes.  This was at 11:00 AM

Like have having the schedule available on my phone.

Like having my door open when I get within ten feet or so

Bad

Heavy learning curve - at least for us.  You have to be logged into the ship's wifi.  It's free but we talked to so many people (mostly seniors) that didn't know that fact.  

We've logged into our wifi at least twenty times in past day.  My wife's phone drops it after three or four minutes.  This may be a phone issue - not a Princess issue.  She has a Galaxy Note 3.  My phone is better but I still have to continually login

Login takes too long.  You need to enter first name, last name, cabin number and date of birth.  date of birth is from drop down menus and takes a couple minutes each time.

No online help.  The help desk had about twenty people in line.  We waited almost an hour to get help.

I think it's a good idea and it's probably the future of sailing.  In my opinion, it needs more work.

By the way, i asked why there needed to be five apps instead of one.  I was told if it was one app, it would take to long to load and execute.

Excellent. Thanks for posting. Please keep us all in the loop on your experiences. Especially interested in knowing if the dropped connection issue persists and if the internet cafe folks have any ideas why this is happening to you. 

Traveled on the Caribbean Princess last week. Did not need to print out the Boarding Pass to Embark. The Medallion pulled up everything they needed. Although, you may want the Boarding Pass in case Medallion is having a bad day. It was around 12:00, and only had to wait about 2 minutes for a Medallion check-in. There was a regular line, but not bad. The only problem was that they wanted to re-take the Security photo.

We also had the login problem on the ship (had to keep re-logging in). It seems to have settled down after a day. Don't bother trying to use the email/password to login. It didn't work. The only reliable way was to use your cabin/name/birthday.

Tip: after you connect to the wifi, login.com will forward to the login screen. logout.com will log you out. Useful if you bought the 4 device pass for only one of you, and you want to login your companion's device after they have already logged in (ocean.com does not forget who you are - It only forgets that you have logged in for internet).

They don't seem to care if only one of you has the 4 device pass and share it. However, if you do that, you loose the chat feature as Chat is part of Ocean Concierge, and that is what you need to connect to the internet. No worries though. when we are connected to the internet, we could e-mail each other. Or, if both of you have iPhones, you can iMessage via text (that goes through internet, not cellular texting).

Edited by richmke

On 7/5/2019 at 6:48 AM, paul929207 said:

That’s good to know. Thanks for the info.

Tony

Lost here .... which one is Ocean Concierge

It is not an app. When you are connected to the Ship's Wifi, go to "login.com" to get to Ocean Concierge and activate your internet connection. This is why Ocean Concierge sees the person (Cabin Person 1) with the internet package.

Since you login separately with the apps, you can be someone else (Cabin Person 2) in the apps. The chat feature is in Ocean Concierge, so will see you as Cabin Person 1.

Note: If Cabin Person 2 does not need internet access on the device, then they can login as Cabin Person 2 and you can use the chat feature between Person 1 and Person 2.

Sorry way to many to read to see if my problem is there.  

I set up mine and my husbands on my phone and ordered our medallions.  I got the app on my husbands phone and started to put in his info it lets me put in his email but when I put in a password that fits the criteria there is no next or done button to push.  Why?

Is there a way on Ocean Ready to indicate that you want to pick up your medallions at the port instead of having them mailed?  We are leaving home three weeks prior to our cruise and don't want to take the chance that the medallions won't arrive before we leave.  The only option I can find is filling out address info to have them delivered.  Do I just ignore this so they won't mail them?