What was your best cruise ?

5 hours ago, gooch47 said:

The Celebrity Xpedition held about 100 passengers but both times it was only about half full.  It was big enough AND small enough to be perfect for that cruise.

I would have liked that but what I did was a fraction of the cost and more importantly fitted in with my travel plans.

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

That is why we decided to travel by ship.The only thing we did not realize was that the cabins were so small .

Cabins? you must have been classy, so many would be just below decks in a hammock in the hold.

My favorite was our cruise to the British Isles on a Princess ship a couple of years ago. We also had a great time on our Princess cruise tour to Alaska (5 nights on land followed by 7 nights on the ship). We also did a great cruise on a schooner off the coast of Maine for a totally different experience.

5 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Cabins? you must have been classy, so many would be just below decks in a hammock in the hold.

My father came to the US from Liverpool in 1913. Obviously not a cruise. I found a copy of the nightly dinner menu and much to my surprise it was a lot better than most dinners in MDR 's on most cruises in 2019.He was originally planning to come to the US in 1912,possibly on the Titanic.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, geoherb said:

My favorite was our cruise to the British Isles on a Princess ship a couple of years ago. We also had a great time on our Princess cruise tour to Alaska (5 nights on land followed by 7 nights on the ship). We also did a great cruise on a schooner off the coast of Maine for a totally different experience.

4 hours ago, geoherb said:

We did 7 days land and 7 sea,a wonderful cruise.

On 5/26/2019 at 7:02 PM, GeeDunk said:

Have three, so very hard to pick a No. 1

Antarctica, on the Marco Polo, with the Zodiac landings.

The Galapagos, on a 16 passenger boat.

Really not a Cruise ship sailing, but, a Nile River cruise.

Agreed!  We have done both Antarctica and the Galapagos and they are our faves.  Everywhere else is a far distant second.

On 5/27/2019 at 12:04 PM, gooch47 said:

The Celebrity Xpedition held about 100 passengers but both times it was only about half full.  It was big enough AND small enough to be perfect for that cruise.

Yes!  Could not have said it better.  Love that ship!