You've won the lottery

babs135

Okay, a fun question;  you've won the lottery big time and now realise that you can take the cruise you've always dreamed about but couldn't afford.  Which one would it be?

For me it would be a world cruise in the Queens Grill on Cunard.

Over to you.

• Like 1

Fun Idea, for me it would also be a world cruise. Mine would be with several friends and family to join us for some or all of it. The biggest difference with my world cruise is that it would be on several lines and ships and with stop overs between cruises.

• Like 1

I would cruise in the best suite to tahiti😊

But my parents have never cruised and my sister would love to cruise with her kids.

So I would book suites for us all on the Harmony of the Seas 😊

I will often mock book fantasy cruises too

47 minutes ago, babs135 said:

Okay, a fun question;  you've won the lottery big time and now realise that you can take the cruise you've always dreamed about but couldn't afford.  Which one would it be?

Over to you.

Mine is a bit different. Mrs Gut isn’t allowed to fly, so it wold be a world cruse with a difference. from Sydney to England, a few weeks on land, a European River Cruise, a Northern Lights Cruise, then a TA to the East Coast USA, with a few land weeks plus a Caribbean island cruise, and an Antarctic Cruise, Panama Canal a few weeks on the left Coast, Alaska Cruise, than a transpacific back home. Take about a year all up, I’d mix my ships to suit, mainly Princess, Celebrity and Cunard. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Mine is a bit different. Mrs Gut isn’t allowed to fly, so it wold be a world cruse with a difference. from Sydney to England, a few weeks on land, a European River Cruise, a Northern Lights Cruise, then a TA to the East Coast USA, with a few land weeks plus a Caribbean island cruise, and an Antarctic Cruise, Panama Canal a few weeks on the left Coast, Alaska Cruise, than a transpacific back home. Take about a year all up, I’d mix my ships to suit, mainly Princess, Celebrity and Cunard. 

Sounds like a plan, but you forgot to mention bringing some friends along as well.

Okay Buddy😁 Don't forget your friends.😁

5 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

Forget the cruise lines.  If money was no issue, I'd charter my own yacht.  

My cousin is engineer  one oftose private yachts sails the world ad from time to time skippers it. It would need to be a BIG win.

20 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Sounds like a plan, but you forgot to mention bringing some friends along as well.

Okay Buddy😁 Don't forget your friends.😁

Actually the price wasn’t that bad about $50k for the cruise component, then the land time on top, it’s still a retirement dream, would let us get to a lot of places that are out when you can’t fly.

• Like 1

A friend seriously looked into buying Ocean Princess, when it was for sale, the plan was to turn half a dozen cabins into an apartment and then joining with a Major line who would basically run it and keep the income, my friend would then have free use if his apartment at sea (if you don’t count the 50 million he would have paid for the ship).

14 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Actually the price wasn’t that bad about $50k for the cruise component, then the land time on top, it’s still a retirement dream, would let us get to a lot of places that are out when you can’t fly.

When you have won all that money ( massive win) shouting me and Rosie a cruise here and there would be no big deal.

12 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

A friend seriously looked into buying Ocean Princess, when it was for sale, the plan was to turn half a dozen cabins into an apartment and then joining with a Major line who would basically run it and keep the income, my friend would then have free use if his apartment at sea (if you don’t count the 50 million he would have paid for the ship).

Mega bucks would be needed for sure.

One of you more experienced cruisers needs to come up with a challenge.  Find the longest set of back-to-back cruises with the following rules:

•.Next ship must leave from same city last one arrived (no air travel).  Can be different ports but same city.

• Can’t EVER repeat same exact itenerary.  Can repeat some ship if different itenerary (including repositioning).  

• Your vacation doesn’t end until you run out of new connections.

• Like 2

My wife's a simple girl with simple needs.

She says she'll be doing a back-to-back Med cruise

- one of those where the same ship does alternating legs

one week going one route, next week doing the other route.

That's it.

Other than that,

it'll be back to Manhattan/NYC again, where we'll do a cruise

that takes off from the West Side. No big deal.

I think a world cruise would be in order for me as well.  As far as which line, well I think it would depend on which line has the itinerary that I like best.  Besides I might just do it over and over again the next few years if I liked the first trip, and try a different line each time.

1 hour ago, Aquahound said:

Forget the cruise lines.  If money was no issue, I'd charter my own yacht.  

Why just one?

I'd charter a yacht for the Caribbean, one for the Mediterranean, one in Dubai, one in the Maldives and one to get around in the South Pacific. Obviously, I don't like too many sea days in a row. No worries, my new private jet, DawgAir,  can whisk me between the yachts.😊

Edited by DirtyDawg

28 minutes ago, soonernstlouis said:

One of you more experienced cruisers needs to come up with a challenge.  Find the longest set of back-to-back cruises with the following rules:

•.Next ship must leave from same city last one arrived (no air travel).  Can be different ports but same city.

• Can’t EVER repeat same exact itenerary.  Can repeat some ship if different itenerary (including repositioning).  

I like it, challenge accepted, when will you have it finished?

10 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

Why just one?

I'd charter a yacht for the Caribbean, one for the Mediterranean, one in Dubai, one in the Maldives and one to get around in the South Pacific. Obviously, I don't like too many sea days in a row. No worries, my new private jet, DawgAir,  can whisk me between the yachts.😊

The jet idea is a good one, not sure I would eat the food on DawgAir though.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, soonernstlouis said:

Can you arrive in one city and depart from another if you connect by train?  And can you put a day or two between cruises?

2 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Can you arrive in one city and depart from another if you connect by train?  And can you put a day or two between cruises?

No to the first edit.  Obviously you can create your own dream scenario but connecting cities could easily make the cruise infinite.  Was just seeing how creative someone could be with this.  

Another idea is shortest time to cruise all 7 continents (obviously would require non-ship travel and days between cruises).

3 hours ago, Aplmac said:

Actually THIS is wife's seriously-Wish Cruise

- with her boy!! ..Jon BonJovi!

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/4000/?source=99360&fbclid=IwAR1kikSTrKtiMHx88dMhWOfpKnFpd_aIdIFd4WPxYWmwcKIDh2FrnPnMQQA

Actually as of last week he is now Dr. Jon BonJovi receiving an honorary Doctorate at the University of Penn.   We have a house in NJ which is close to his home on the Navesink River in Middletown, beautiful home as expected. 

Edited by dkjretired
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, babs135 said:

Over to you.

Now a post from someone  who actually won a life changing win on a slot machine in Vegas.  First off, just so you know I'm not telling a story

there are a couple of people I have met on the Celebrity board who have seen my picture with the big check.

We did a couple of cruises with the kids in better cabins to Bermuda and the Caribbean.  Problem is other things do get in the way like taxes and in our case we were already building a house in Pa.  Funny thing is we had papers with us on plane and were taking things out of the plans like hardwood floors, etc on the plane to Vegas, on the way back they were put back in.  

Edited by dkjretired
  • Like 1