Cruise Critic Community
babs135

You've won the lottery

18 hours ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Amen

How many times do you hear about people that won the big one and are now broke.

”Money won is sweeter than money earned “ but you need to hold on to that sweetness 

Money won is also spent more frivolously than money earned.

3 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

I hope I get the chance to find out. Funny my family recently had a question on FB that started you just won a billion dollars what would you do? My answer was pretty much the same as here, but a few days later I asked the sister that started it, you said I’d won a billion, where the heck is it?

I bet she said something like show me the winning ticket and I will show you the money.

8 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Money won is also spent more frivolously than money earned.

Or money inherited sometimes.

A friend of ours dropped a quarter million bucks on a new car with his.🤯

7 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

WOW, I cannot imagine having a car worth that much even if I was mega rich. 

13 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

WOW, I cannot imagine having a car worth that much even if I was mega rich. 

I'd be too scared to park it anywhere in case some idiot scratched or dinged it.

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'd be too scared to park it anywhere in case some idiot scratched or dinged it.

I would rather have ten cars worth $25K each and give nine of them to family and friends that may need them..

21 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Oh, just a cheap car then. https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/lamborghini/ - check the price on the 1989 Countach, and that's secondhand! :classic_ohmy:

On 5/26/2019 at 1:53 AM, GUT2407 said:

I thought for crystalspin’s sister the leg room was a clotting issue

Sorry I forgot to come back to this thread -- had not learned how to get CC to email me.

My sis has lower-limb lymphedema and can't sit with legs/feet down for more than about 4 hours, probably gets up and walks around even on a 4hr flight. She vetoed all-day bus tours as well as flying to Hawaii, etc. I don't know for sure about the first-class seats but surely that would be conceivable, where regular seats are not. So lottery here we come!

Posted (edited)

What's that you say? I have to buy a ticket to win???

Edited by crystalspin

The 28 day round trip LA to Tahiti. No doubt about it.

On 5/25/2019 at 1:49 AM, MicCanberra said:

Meant to say, Antarctica would definitely be part of the cruise.

We went there last year and it was incredible.  But only small ships can disembark.  

If i won the lottery, I would still stick with inside cabins only.  Nothing beats being rocked to sleep in the middle of the day in total darkness.

Call me weird, but if inside and balcony was the same price, I am requesting inside.  

4 hours ago, clo said:

We went there last year and it was incredible.  But only small ships can disembark.  

Expedition ships, yeah. Cruising there and around the bays and straits is good enough for me and my wife.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Expedition ships, yeah. Cruising there and around the bays and straits is good enough for me and my wife.

Our Hurtigruten ship, Midnatsol, carries about 400 passengers.  Even if you don't go ashore they have zodiaks that take you out.  A couple of photos.

IMG_6415.JPG

IMG_6342.JPG

IMG_6368.JPG

Edited by clo

11 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I'm still a newbie about how this site works.  See my photos below.  Were you able to do zodiak things?

1 hour ago, clo said:

I'm still a newbie about how this site works.  See my photos below.  

Nice photos!!!

My husband went to Antarctica (Ushuaia to New Zealand) on the Marco Polo and did get to land (via Zodiac) -- some time ago. But his camera malfunctioned (this was in the times of film cameras) and so no photos!

3 hours ago, clo said:

Our Hurtigruten ship, Midnatsol, carries about 400 passengers.  Even if you don't go ashore they have zodiaks that take you out.  A couple of photos.

IMG_6415.JPG

IMG_6342.JPG

IMG_6368.JPG

Great pics.

2 hours ago, clo said:

I'm still a newbie about how this site works.  See my photos below.  Were you able to do zodiak things?

Pics worked well, we didn't do any zodiacs, we cruised X 5 star luxury and got close up to the icebergs and wildlife as well.

1 hour ago, crystalspin said:

Nice photos!!!

My husband went to Antarctica (Ushuaia to New Zealand) on the Marco Polo and did get to land (via Zodiac) -- some time ago. But his camera malfunctioned (this was in the times of film cameras) and so no photos!

A shame but his memories will last and IMO the photos don't do it justice anyway as they just do show the myriad of colours (blues, greens and whites) in the ice and such like the human eye does.

15 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Pics worked well, we didn't do any zodiacs, we cruised X 5 star luxury and got close up to the icebergs and wildlife as well.

What's "X 5 star luxury"?

I'm glad we found out in advance and booked accordingly on a small ship.  Going ashore was extraordinary.  And we were practically touching distance from whale, seals,etc.  And the guys who piloted the zodiaks could spot the air bubbles of the whales and we'd be right there.  They'd keep the engines idling just to make sure they knew we were there 🙂  We prefaced the cruise with a coach tour of Patagonia which was almost as thrilling.  A true bucket list trip.

15 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

A shame but his memories will last and IMO the photos don't do it justice anyway as they just do show the myriad of colours (blues, greens and whites) in the ice and such like the human eye does.

17 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Nice photos!!!

Oh boo hoo.  But he has his memories.  Has he told you about the smell of penguin poop?!?!?  The very, very worst 🙂  But thrill of having them walk right by you is worth it.

1 hour ago, clo said:

What's "X 5 star luxury"?

I'm glad we found out in advance and booked accordingly on a small ship.  Going ashore was extraordinary.  And we were practically touching distance from whale, seals,etc.  And the guys who piloted the zodiaks could spot the air bubbles of the whales and we'd be right there.  They'd keep the engines idling just to make sure they knew we were there 🙂  We prefaced the cruise with a coach tour of Patagonia which was almost as thrilling.  A true bucket list trip.

X is short for Celebrity,

5 star luxury means better than 1-4 stars

1 hour ago, clo said:

Has he told you about the smell of penguin poop?!?!?  The very, very worst 🙂  But thrill of having them walk right by you is worth it.

We did that at Martillo Island (Ushauia) and Volunteer Point (Falkland Islands). Very fishy.