Tour Options @ Havana Port?

live.love.cruise

Hello,

We’re in Havana next week for an overnight stay on the NCL Sun. I haven’t booked a tour yet and wanted to know if there are tour operators at the port that we can book a car tour with?

If not, any suggestions on which company has a quick response time for last minute bookings?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by live.love.cruise

We had a tour with Havanacar and it was absolutely fantastic!

Their website is www.havanacar.net

I suggest to contact directly their manager Stefano at havanacarcuba@gmail.com rather than using the form on the website.

He is based in Usa and will reply you almost immediately with all tbe info you may need.

You won't be disappointed 😉

Thanks for the replies. We returned yesterday and had a wonderful cruise and time in Cuba. There were plenty of tour options available once we exited the terminal. We did a 3 hour car tour with a lunch stop for $50/4 people. Looking forward to visiting again soon. 

On 5/26/2019 at 7:06 AM, Wideross said:

We had a tour with Havanacar and it was absolutely fantastic!

Their website is www.havanacar.net

I suggest to contact directly their manager Stefano at havanacarcuba@gmail.com rather than using the form on the website.

He is based in Usa and will reply you almost immediately with all tbe info you may need.

You won't be disappointed 😉

Is the price listed on their website per person or per car?  There are 4 of us traveling.

On 6/2/2019 at 6:19 AM, live.love.cruise said:

Thanks for the replies. We returned yesterday and had a wonderful cruise and time in Cuba. There were plenty of tour options available once we exited the terminal. We did a 3 hour car tour with a lunch stop for $50/4 people. Looking forward to visiting again soon. 

I'm interested to know how you decided which car/tour to go with at the terminal, did you choose a car you liked or the just best deal you negotiated? I don't mind paying the asking price of the online tours but finding it hard to choose, thought it might be just as easy to pick when we get there! 

Our cruise is on NCL Sky in September.  Did you arrange your visa with NCL? Any other info you think might be helpful?

Thanks!

4 hours ago, sussanahrose said:

I'm interested to know how you decided which car/tour to go with at the terminal, did you choose a car you liked or the just best deal you negotiated? I don't mind paying the asking price of the online tours but finding it hard to choose, thought it might be just as easy to pick when we get there! 

Our cruise is on NCL Sky in September.  Did you arrange your visa with NCL? Any other info you think might be helpful?

Thanks!

When we exited the terminal there were several pink cars and maybe one horse drawn carriage soliciting us to take their tour. Since we just wanted to tour the old and new without any specific places in mind we picked the closest car. The quoted price was $50 for the four of us and it lasted about three hours including the lunch stop. We had the option to go wherever we wanted , stop for pics or just go with their normal tour. We went with their normal tour. I was in the process of selling my house/moving so didn’t have much time to research before the trip. We were satisfied with the tour and the driver/guide. 

We had a difficult time deciding on a tour/car in advance so I decided we would just try our luck @ terminal and see what happens. I don’t regret that decision. 

Yes, we arranged our visa through NCL in advance. We called and they added them to the reservation and we paid $75 pp. This must be completed prior to sailing, I think we were told at least 3 days before. The visa is provided @ check in along with your cruise card. You provide both the visa and your passport to exit the terminal. The agent keeps your visa (although one failed to keep my nieces so we had to go back to them to return it). You will also need to complete the OFAC form (and print) on NCL site 3 days prior to the cruise. You can find the link to the form just by searching OFAC or Cuba in the search field on their website.

The money exchange area is after the passport/visa and we were charged  approximately 13%. 

My best advice is to relax and not worry too much. I was a little nervous based on all I’ve read about visiting Cuba which is why I wanted to book the tour in advance. I’m sure there are perks to doing this, especially if you have a particular tour in mind, but for me as a first timer I was content with what I saw and plan on visiting again and will do some research to see places I missed.  After the car tour we walked around near the terminal to do some shopping. The locals were very friendly and I didn’t have any safety concerns.

If I can think of anything else , I’ll add it later. Back to work today so my mind is a little off. 

Hope you have a great cruise! 

1539729A-F7BC-4886-B2FB-1C7C8B931225.jpeg

19 hours ago, live.love.cruise said:

When we exited the terminal there were several pink cars and maybe one horse drawn carriage soliciting us to take their tour. Since we just wanted to tour the old and new without any specific places in mind we picked the closest car. The quoted price was $50 for the four of us and it lasted about three hours including the lunch stop. We had the option to go wherever we wanted , stop for pics or just go with their normal tour. We went with their normal tour. I was in the process of selling my house/moving so didn’t have much time to research before the trip. We were satisfied with the tour and the driver/guide. 

We had a difficult time deciding on a tour/car in advance so I decided we would just try our luck @ terminal and see what happens. I don’t regret that decision ...

Thank you so much for all the info! We still have a bit of time until our cruise so I'll keep studying the form and make a decision.

Cheers!

8 hours ago, sussanahrose said:

Well I guess we won't have to worry about this now! 😥

I know, I’m 😥 for all that won’t be able to visit now and for the people in Cuba. Hopefully this is temporary. I was looking forward to doing this itinerary again.

Edited by live.love.cruise

24 minutes ago, live.love.cruise said:

I know, I’m 😥 for all that won’t be able to visit now and for the people in Cuba. Hopefully this is temporary. I was looking forward to doing this itinerary again.

We planned this trip for 18 months -- a road trip with the cruise in the middle.  I had so much contact with the tour guides we booked that I got truly depressed last night when I realized the opportunity to meet them and learn about their area and history is gone!  And I don't know when we'll ever get this chance again now.  We've been on many cruises with changes to itineraries for various reasons, but this one was special and it is Incredibly heartbreaking to see it gone altogether. 

• Like 1