Booked select fare but can't select cabin?!

Plastowc

Hi 

I'm completely new to all of this! Booked to go on Ventura (P&O) for next June. Was told by a friend to book the select fare as can chose our cabin. So Iv booked on a select but had no option of choosing a room?! 

Cruise personaliser website says a room would be allocated from 42 days prior to departure on a guaranteed basis. Bit annoyed by this, travelling with a young toddler I wanted to book early and pay extra to select a cabin so we won't get all the loud noise . 

Is this correct?! 

Also we booked an inside room and keep seeing obline there are different grades, but again I had no option of this and no idea what grade we have. 

Apologies if I am being really stupid here!! 

Thank you 

12 hours ago, brillohead said:

I hope you get an answer.... and enjoy the cruise!

And since I am sure I am not the only one you have made curious as to the answer to the question, please come back to this forum and post the answer when and if you receive one.

3 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

And since I am sure I am not the only one you have made curious as to the answer to the question, please come back to this forum and post the answer when and if you receive one.

Hello

I called p&o and paid £10 pp to be able to select a cabin. She said we were on the guarantee fare as our room grade was nearly full? 

3 minutes ago, Plastowc said:

Hello

I called p&o and paid £10 pp to be able to select a cabin. She said we were on the guarantee fare as our room grade was nearly full? 

Now that you have a cabin booked, maybe you should check various travel agents to see if any can get you a lower fare or some perks such as OBC by having the booking transferred to them.

• Like 1