Victoria taxi 6-7 passengers recommendation

I am an over planner and just spent a month travelling with 5 others all aged mid 60s to almost 80.

Part of our travels included cruising Yokohama to Alaska and Vancouver and extra time in both Vancouver and Victoria.

I found on line a taxi service that would accommodate all 6 of us and 4 suitcases and hand luggage.

Horst from Uptown taxis was exceptional.   I had prebooked a taxi for us to meet the ferry at Swartz Bay, however our ferry was delayed due to mechanical issues.  Phoned, and no problem Uptown could still provide us with tansport and Horst drove us to Butchart gardens.  I had not booked a transfer from the gardens to our hotel in Victoria as

a.   We didnt know how long we would want at the gardens.

b.  We werent sure how reliable or good the taxi service would be.

On our way to the gardens we had a great trip, learning more about Victoria and arranged with Horst that we would call him about 30 mins before we required a pick up.   

When ready we phoned and he arrived in only about 15 mins and again gave us a great trip to our hotel the Helm's Inn.

Again we arranged for pick up the following day to take us to the airport.

Horst arrived as arranged and we had a great trip to the airport.

As 6 older not elderly lol   travellers I could not recommend Horst from Uptown taxis highly enough.   He was punctual, friendly, handled our luggage and helped us in and out of the taxi.  

All at very reasonable price,  and no asking for a tip, but of course we were so happy with the service we were more than happy to give a tip for the exceptional service we received.  

If you need to be driven around Victoria contact Uptown taxis, ask for Horst and tell him Judith from Australia recommended you.  

• Like 1

It was a Toyota not sure of the model as we dont have that model. I know Toyota as it had the symbol on the steering wheel.  Seated 3 in the back row 3 in middle and 1 in the front.  Amongst our group was one using a walking stick another who had both knees replaced others reasonably agile.  The agile ones took back row.  Room for 4 large cases in the boot or trunk as they say in USA plus all 6 hand luggage items.  Looked more like a car than a transit van.

5 hours ago, martincath said:

Thanks for reporting back TJ, and glad that the cab firm you found worked out so well!

And thank you Martincath for the YWCA recommendation.   It was perfect for our needs loved the kitchen and lounge areas.   Only negative was the weather the day we were in Vancouver it rained non stop.  We took a van from ship to YWCA $20 fare was 7.20 rest luggage and tip. One of our rooms was ready so were able to put all in there. Took the train to canada place some did the IMAX canada  others wandered til lunch time then gave up on the weather and train back.

• Thanks 1