FL cruiser with NY hotel anxiety

Lee2385

Good morning,

We usually cruise from FL and are flying to NY for the journeys cruise. I’ve been to NYC several times but have never cruised from there. I know Times Square can be crazy busy in the summer. I would like to stay somewhere that is a quick get to the port. I don’t want to be in the middle of a morning commute on a Monday. Trying to figure out best place to stay and then should we walk, uber or train to Port? I would like to stay under $300 as we are staying 2 nights prior and 1 after. Appreciate any advice. Thank you! 

9 minutes ago, Lee2385 said:

Good morning,

We usually cruise from FL and are flying to NY for the journeys cruise. I’ve been to NYC several times but have never cruised from there. I know Times Square can be crazy busy in the summer. I would like to stay somewhere that is a quick get to the port. I don’t want to be in the middle of a morning commute on a Monday. Trying to figure out best place to stay and then should we walk, uber or train to Port? I would like to stay under $300 as we are staying 2 nights prior and 1 after. Appreciate any advice. Thank you! 

We'd need your specific dates, number of people and bedding preferences to review prices. 

You shouldn't stress about rush hour traffic because rush hour will be long over by the time you head to the pier. Of course even normal Manhattan traffic is heavy. 

I don't recommend staying at one of the hotels in close walking distance to the pier if you're staying more than one night. The neighborhood is a little off the beaten track. Really anywhere in midtown...it doesn't have to be in Times Square, is just a short taxi or Uber ride from the pier, so there's no need to be right near the pier.

Edited by njhorseman

If you look on Trip Advisor you’ll find many good deals for your dates. Lotte Palace is $225 usually $400. It’s across the street from St Patrick’s Cathedral. A very nice place. A 10 min uber ride. Hilton Garden Inn Times Square on 8th Avenue is $199. That is a five minute uber ride from the port. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2019 at 7:34 PM, megr1125 said:

Kimpton Ink 48 is walking distance to the pier in Manhattan.  It's a lovely hotel and there are some places to eat within walking distance or you can easily get a cab or Uber/Lyft.  

I'm with Meg, Ink 48, a Kimpton hotel.  Super close, lovely hotel, nice rooftop...done. 

• Like 1