Boston Hotels

We will be going on a cruise on the 8th of November.  We will take Concord Trailways from Bangor ... we had planned on going down the same day as the cruise, which we have done on numerous times.  I've started second guessing about going down the same day as one never really knows what the weather will be in November ... it could snow! 

Checking out hotels, they are very expensive for that date .... but I also checked hotwire and found a few that are around $200 per night.  I've been looking at Fanueil Hall/North End/Waterfront and the Seaport/Convention Area.  I'm not sure which would be best ... am looking for areas to walk around .... always love going to Mike's or Modern's ... so north end would be good .... seaport isn't far from the cruise terminal (I believe).  We would have noon on Thursday to about 11:00 on Friday to do a little exploring.   Also looking for ideas for dinner.

Would like a little advise on which area would be best .... thanks, Jan

2 hours ago, Jan_In_Maine said:

We will be going on a cruise on the 8th of November.  We will take Concord Trailways from Bangor ... we had planned on going down the same day as the cruise, which we have done on numerous times.  I've started second guessing about going down the same day as one never really knows what the weather will be in November ... it could snow! 

Checking out hotels, they are very expensive for that date .... but I also checked hotwire and found a few that are around $200 per night.  I've been looking at Fanueil Hall/North End/Waterfront and the Seaport/Convention Area.  I'm not sure which would be best ... am looking for areas to walk around .... always love going to Mike's or Modern's ... so north end would be good .... seaport isn't far from the cruise terminal (I believe).  We would have noon on Thursday to about 11:00 on Friday to do a little exploring.   Also looking for ideas for dinner.

Would like a little advise on which area would be best .... thanks, Jan

Jan - you’ve been to Boston before.  For what you want to do I’d look at the North End/Faneuil Hall area for the ease of walking.  The Seaport hotels are lovely and there is transportation and restaurants, but you’re not really sightseeing - just enjoying the ambiance.  For some selections Hotwire now shows you 4 sample hotels and “guarantees” you will get one of them.  If you can live with the 4 options and the price is right, I’d book it.  If you post back, I’ll take a look and make my best guess.  For example the 3.5* hotel in the Seaport at $194 lists the Wyndham, the Holiday Inn Express, the Yotel, and the Doubletree.  What is weird about that is that the Yotel is the only hotel on that list that is in the Seaport District.  So if Hotwire is going to give you a hotel in the Seaport, it should be the Yotel.

138east - thanks for the suggestions ... I decided to go ahead and I booked a hotel on hotwire for North End/Faneuil call and ended up getting the Bostonian -- I am happy with my choice.

Now, I would love to find a nice place to have dinner (an early dinner!) ... not looking for really fancy.  Thanks - Jan

11 hours ago, Jan_In_Maine said:

138east - thanks for the suggestions ... I decided to go ahead and I booked a hotel on hotwire for North End/Faneuil call and ended up getting the Bostonian -- I am happy with my choice.

Now, I would love to find a nice place to have dinner (an early dinner!) ... not looking for really fancy.  Thanks - Jan

Congratulations Jan!  That hotel is right at Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market.  Lots of food choices there plus an easy walk into the North End for all the Italian food options.  I think you made a wise decision to get yourselves to Boston the day before.

• Like 1