Thalassotherphy pool, yes or no.

Why not get a one day pass, and go together to see if she likes it.

This isn't medical advice, but the motion of the pool is quite strong in places.  It might be hard to enter the pool or to find a comfortable spot.  The two of you may love it or hate it.

I booked 2 spa cabins for 4 people on a Dream class ship.  Two of us loved the T-pool.  One disliked it, and one was willing to go back, but wouldn't have chosen to do so on her own.

I would describe it as more invigorating than relaxing, and would book a spa cabin again on a Dream class ship (Dream, Magic, or Breeze).

Happy sailing.

56 minutes ago, hillbilly cruiser said:

Thinking of getting 8 day pass for my wife. Would like feed back. She has knee pain and arthritis.

Get it, if you think it will be relaxing and help soothe your wife’s aches and pains just get. We love the spa and thelasso pools. Very relaxing. What others think should not matter. They are not you nor your wife. 

All depends on which ship you are booked on or are considering as not all Cloud 9 Spa ships have a thalassotherapy pool. The T-pool can be found on the Breeze, Dream, Magic, and Splendor. These speciality pools have metal tube loungers with a bubbler unit under them that seat 6-8 people, a barre for low impact stretch exercises, and 2 waterfall nozzles for intense shoulder and scalp water therapy, all under a sky light. The Mardis Gras is also supposed also have a thalassotherapy pool but since it is on deck 5 and has not been installed yet (or no pictures published) I'm not sure if it will have all of the above features.

On the Horizon, Panorama and Vista instead they have a rectangular hot that seats 4-6 on tiled shelf. On the Sunshine and Sunrise there is no pool or hot tub feature that is part of the Cloud 9 area. I'm fairly sure that the Radiance, once the Victory goes through it's transformation, will be the same for it's Cloud 9 area.

8 hours ago, hillbilly cruiser said:

Thinking of getting 8 day pass for my wife. Would like feed back. She has knee pain and arthritis.

Maybe.

But if are also interested, you can get a couples pass at a discount. Of course, there is no point in buying if she isn't going to use it.

The Thalassotherapy pool on the Splendor alleviated my knee pain so so much! I went twice a day on sea days because it felt so great. I can’t imagine that it wouldn’t help your wife’s aches and pains. I say go for it. 

We recently went on the Magic in a spa cabin and the Thalassotherapy pool was one of my favorite features of the ship.  I have constant back pain and it helped significantly.  Especially since you can't bring heating pads on board.