Air2Sea ??

Just now, pstone1 said:

That's weird!  We have booked Basic Economy on Delta through Air2Sea more than ten times and have never had a problem picking our seats way ahead of time.  Most of the time, we also upgrade to Comfort Plus.

I don't think you've booked basic economy then. Basic Economy you can't select seats and can't upgrade at all; either paid or complimentary due to status. There's also no changes or cancellations allowed, even with a change fee.

You most likely booked Economy; that's the only way you'd be eligible for upgrades to Comfort+ or to select seats.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

I don't think you've booked basic economy then. Basic Economy you can't select seats and can't upgrade at all; either paid or complimentary due to status. There's also no changes or cancellations allowed, even with a change fee.

You most likely booked Economy; that's the only way you'd be eligible for upgrades to Comfort+ or to select seats.

In the  "Search" section of Air2Sea,  it's simply called "Economy".  On the Flight Choice page, it's called "Standard Economy".  It's what we book initially every time we fly.  With the airline booking code, you can just go to "Manage My Flight" and upgrade.

12 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

In the  "Search" section of Air2Sea,  it's simply called "Economy".  On the Flight Choice page, it's called "Standard Economy".  It's what we book initially every time we fly.  With the airline booking code, you can just go to "Manage My Flight" and upgrade.

Right. Basic Economy is a different fare class than standard or regular economy.

Basic Economy is cheaper fares with restrictions. For Delta those restrictions are no changes, no cancellation, no upgrades, no seat selection, and you board last. For United they also don't allow you to bring a carry-on bag and last time I did basic economy on United, I wasn't allowed to check-in online or at the airport kiosk, I had to actually check in with an agent in person.

1 minute ago, awestover89 said:

Right. Basic Economy is a different fare class than standard or regular economy.

Basic Economy is cheaper fares with restrictions. For Delta those restrictions are no changes, no cancellation, no upgrades, no seat selection, and you board last. For United they also don't allow you to bring a carry-on bag and last time I did basic economy on United, I wasn't allowed to check-in online or at the airport kiosk, I had to actually check in with an agent in person.

Yikes!  I would never book that!  I'd rather pay a few more dollars!  We've gotten really good prices on mostly international flights thru Air2Sea and have been very happy flying Delta.

5 hours ago, EmmasNana said:

If booking with Air2Sea, I think I read that you can choose your own flights. Are you also able to choose your seats?

We could not pick seats for a British Airways flight until 24 hours before the flight.  This was due to the type of fare that Air2Sea purchased from BA.

38 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

We could not pick seats for a British Airways flight until 24 hours before the flight.  This was due to the type of fare that Air2Sea purchased from BA.

That's the way Lufthansa was, but they sent me an offer to pay for seat selection 

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That's the way Lufthansa was, but they sent me an offer to pay for seat selection 

I tried, but BA did not have a way to pick seats with the fare that Air2Sea had purchased.

14 hours ago, Snit13 said:

Where are you reading about Air2Sea?  Booked Brilliance in Europe for June 2020 thus will need air.  Accustomed to driving to FL cruises.

I have only read about Air2Sea on this forum and the cruise air forum.

13 hours ago, pstone1 said:

That's weird!  We have booked Basic Economy on Delta through Air2Sea more than ten times and have never had a problem picking our seats way ahead of time.  Most of the time, we also upgrade to Comfort Plus.

13 hours ago, pstone1 said:

Delta sells 3 kinds of "economy" tickets:  Basic Economy, Main Cabin, and Comfort+.  Not all are available on all routes.  Basic economy does not allow seat selection until check-in time.  On third party websites, including Air2Sea, you may not see a distinction between Basic Economy and Main Cabin; you may just see something like "economy" and not be able to determine which you are getting.

1 hour ago, EmmasNana said:

It doesn't look like many of you choose American, which is what I usually go on. Is Delta better? It seems more of you choose it.

"better" is a very subjective term.  People consider an airline better than another for a wide variety of reasons, including but not limited to the flight routings offered from their home airport, their frequent flyer membership and/or airline status, aircraft type, ticket price, seat type, seat configuration, past experience and on and on.  It's impossible to say definitively or objectively if Delta or American is always "better" than the other.   It will depend on what's important to you.