Lanyards with a reel

denmarks

Has anyone used the lanyards with a reel? It only seems useful for inserting the card in your cabin door. For other purposes wouldn't you have to unclip the card. I decided to buy the lanyard with the quick disconnect buckle which seems to be the best. I can make a decision to use the pocket or a punch at a later time.

I use a badge reel holder that clips onto the waistband  of my slacks or skirt (which don't all have pockets).  I have Guest Services punch my card so I can slip the clip through it and it's secure.  I can reel it out to open our cabin door or to swipe when getting on and off the ship, etc.  When ordering drinks, I just hand the server the whole thing and clip it back on when it's returned.  The card doesn't hang out and can easily be covered by my blouse or t-shirt, or just slipped into a pocket and it's out of sight when off the ship.

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 1

On 5/26/2019 at 1:55 PM, denmarks said:

Has anyone used the lanyards with a reel? It only seems useful for inserting the card in your cabin door. For other purposes wouldn't you have to unclip the card. I decided to buy the lanyard with the quick disconnect buckle which seems to be the best. I can make a decision to use the pocket or a punch at a later time.

ask the service desk to to punch you card. then attach it to your lanyard.

9 hours ago, c-boy said:

ask the service desk to to punch you card. then attach it to your lanyard.

Ask, but don't expect it to happen on all ships.  Ships that use the RFID technology for door access may not punch the cards out of concern for damaging hidden components.