Riviera Drydock - 3 weeks in Jan. 2020

cruisingabc

Per O's web site, there is no identified sailing between Jan. 5th and Jan. 26th, 2020.  I have been told by Oceania sales reps two 2 different reasons - Riviera will be chartered out or drydocked for 3 weeks.  Does anyone know what department to contact to obtain the correct information.  I'm interested in knowing as I would like to book a 9-day Miami to Miami on Jan. 26th, 2020.  I'm aware Riviera in April 2019 did an extensive overall on the Owners Suite but nothing on the other cabins.  If either reason turns out to be correct, what concerns may you have i.e. new crew, drydock work not fully completed.  Thank you.

1 hour ago, cruisingabc said:

Per O's web site, there is no identified sailing between Jan. 5th and Jan. 26th, 2020.  I have been told by Oceania sales reps two 2 different reasons - Riviera will be chartered out or drydocked for 3 weeks.  Does anyone know what department to contact to obtain the correct information.  I'm interested in knowing as I would like to book a 9-day Miami to Miami on Jan. 26th, 2020.  I'm aware Riviera in April 2019 did an extensive overall on the Owners Suite but nothing on the other cabins.  If either reason turns out to be correct, what concerns may you have i.e. new crew, drydock work not fully completed.  Thank you.

We have 2 cruises in her TA 3/31/20 and we get off in Rome on 4/15/20! 5 days she has no cruise until we board her in Monte Carlo 4/19/2020 The Med. I have a fantastic O TA who confirmed with corporate she is going into drydock for 5 days prior to our cruise.

Denise🌺

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

We have 2 cruises in her TA 3/31/20 and we get off in Rome on 4/15/20! 5 days she has no cruise until we board her in Monte Carlo 4/19/2020 The Med. I have a fantastic O TA who confirmed with corporate she is going into drydock for 5 days prior to our cruise.

Denise🌺

Denise, Thanks for this info.  I have read that drydock work sometimes is not fully completed and some areas/cabins are affected.  For example, there is CC post for the current sailing of Riviera that after the April 2019 work, balcony railings were being replaced and outside painting going on creating unpleasant smells and environments.   Do you know the details of the 5-day drydock you referred to.  I'm trying to figure out what updates will be made as I have read on CC from several posts Riviera is showing wear and tear and past customers have been recently disappointed. And the internet is at times non-existent or extremely slow.

I am clueless in regards to the 5 day drydock. 5 days to me is not enough time but who knows!

I hope Mura, Hawaiidan or sammiedawg chimes in to give more info.

We are HAL cruise people who after 14 cruises with her it is time for changes with us.

Been on several cruises where on HAL a lot of refurbishing was going on with carpet being replaced etc. would I do that again absolutely not! I’ve been able with corporate in Seattle to talk to them and once with CEO Ashford. Now with O so far have been great with our TA O. We booked our 2nd. Cruise at Christmas time and that is when we were told she would be in dry dock for 5 days. Throughout Oceania CC boards I have read this April was a drydock, but if you read the recent reports now Baristas was redone, bedding and carpeting.

Hope this helps.

Denise🌺😊

• Like 1

The gap from Jan 5-26, 2020 is because the ship has been fully chartered for 3, 7day cruises.  This info is directly from the future cruise lady here on Riviera. The five day gap is another charter. 

On 5/26/2019 at 7:29 PM, DeeniEncinitas said:
10 hours ago, kitty9 said:

The gap from Jan 5-26, 2020 is because the ship has been fully chartered for 3, 7day cruises.  This info is directly from the future cruise lady here on Riviera. The five day gap is another charter. 

Denise🌺

Denise, Thanks for this info.  I have read that drydock work sometimes is not fully completed and some areas/cabins are affected.  For example, there is CC post for the current sailing of Riviera that after the April 2019 work, balcony railings were being replaced and outside painting going on creating unpleasant smells and environments.   Do you know the details of the 5-day drydock you referred to.  I'm trying to figure out what updates will be made as I have read on CC from several posts Riviera is showing wear and tear and past customers have been recently disappointed. And the internet is at times non-existent or extremely slow.

It's not just before or after drydocks that you might encounter painting, varnishing, strong smells. Fortunately/unfortunately Oceania always tends to have ongoing maintenance. It's a Catch 22, if they do that type of ongoing maintenance then people complain about the smells, if they don't then people complain the ship is getting worn and shabby. 

Very misleading title. A question mark would have been useful, instead it looks like a statement. 

Riviera just came came out of drydock so it wouldn’t go back again next year already. 

On 5/30/2019 at 2:50 PM, WNcruiser said:

Very misleading title. A question mark would have been useful, instead it looks like a statement. 

Riviera just came came out of drydock so it wouldn’t go back again next year already. 

Absolutely correct. Putting out as "facts" something like a non existent "drydock" without listing it as only a question or possibility is irresponsible.