favorite buffet item?

rarely do we eat at the buffet, but when they have the carved roast beef I get a hoagie from the deli and have the carver slice me some very thin slices for my fresh RB sandwich. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hard Boiled eggs and cookies to take back to my cabin fridge for late night snacks.

Other than that I rarely go to the buffet, even on port days when I don't get off the ship.  On those days I eat lunch at the Deli or Cucina.

14 hours ago, coevan said:

rarely do we eat at the buffet, but when they have the carved roast beef I get a hoagie from the deli and have the carver slice me some very thin slices for my fresh RB sandwich. 

I never thought of that - I am so doing that next time!!

Sweet egg custard tarts on the breakfast buffet...

And to AHS123 do you eat from the big pan of pre-made scrambled eggs? I ask because I HATED them- found out later they're made from powdered eggs... now I wait in line at the omelet station and get them to scramble me a couple of fresh eggs... much better, in my opinion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

Sweet egg custard tarts on the breakfast buffet...

And to AHS123 do you eat from the big pan of pre-made scrambled eggs? I ask because I HATED them- found out later they're made from powdered eggs... now I wait in line at the omelet station and get them to scramble me a couple of fresh eggs... much better, in my opinion.

Would rather eat freshly made omelet than pre made eggs that have been sitting around possibly for hours

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

I HATED them- found out later they're made from powdered eggs

No, they are not powdered eggs. Member Chengpk75 has explained liquid pasteurized eggs are used, lady. 

• Like 3

Just now, AHS123 said:

No, they are not powdered eggs. Member Chengpk75 has explained liquid pasteurized eggs are used, lady. 

OK good to know... but I still don't care for them... I find the texture weird and the taste is just off for me... DH doesn't care, he just doesn't like to wait in the omelet line so he eats them, unless I'm willing to get him an omelet while I'm waiting in line for my scrambled eggs!

• Like 2

100% egg, many buffets use them, only a matter if they are overcooked and dry. On the Conquest, they had the best and well prepared eggs in the buffet. The only thing we don't like about the omelette station is the amount of grease they use. Also the pans on the electric burner are not hot enough, taking forever to make an omelette, causing huge lines.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, coevan said:

100% egg, many buffets use them, only a matter if they are overcooked and dry. On the Conquest, they had the best and well prepared eggs in the buffet. The only thing we don't like about the omelette station is the amount of grease they use. Also the pans on the electric burner are not hot enough, taking forever to make an omelette, causing huge lines.

You can ask them to not use oil. I order my eggs with just the Pam cooking spray which is how I make them at home. 

• Like 1