travel documents for celebrity

Gardener62

This is our first cruise and we have checked in online with Celebrity and have our Express Boarding 'passes and ordered our luggage tags.  However we keep seeing a reference to "cruise documents" as if they are something different.  We do have a guest ticket booklet that we printed out as well, but what is Celebrity referring to when they mention "cruise documents" or e-docs.  I want to make sure we are ok to board.  We have our passports as well.  Should I be looking for something else?  Thank you.

12 hours ago, Gardener62 said:

This is our first cruise and we have checked in online with Celebrity and have our Express Boarding 'passes and ordered our luggage tags.  However we keep seeing a reference to "cruise documents" as if they are something different.  We do have a guest ticket booklet that we printed out as well, but what is Celebrity referring to when they mention "cruise documents" or e-docs.  I want to make sure we are ok to board.  We have our passports as well.  Should I be looking for something else?  Thank you.

If you provide more information about you and your itinerary, perhaps we can provide more specific information. But the information provided to you thus far in general is correct.

The cruise documents referred to other than the boarding docs completed with the online check in are any ID required for travel on your itinerary.  Typically, if you are a US citizen traveling on a US based closed loop itinerary (starting and ending in the same US port) all you need for travel ID are a birth certificate and a valid government issued picture ID -or- a Passport.  International itineraries (those departing or ending in non-US based ports) will require a Passport.

If you have any questions, different citizenship, or are unsure of your itinerary status I would call (speak to someone - do not just email) Celebrity directly and ask them for clarification.  Their website will also provide travel ID documentation guidance as well.  Even with on-line check in, if you booked through a travel agent they will also provide any direction needed with this.

Edited by leaveitallbehind