Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Gardener62

travel documents for celebrity

This is our first cruise and we have checked in online with Celebrity and have our Express Boarding 'passes and ordered our luggage tags.  However we keep seeing a reference to "cruise documents" as if they are something different.  We do have a guest ticket booklet that we printed out as well, but what is Celebrity referring to when they mention "cruise documents" or e-docs.  I want to make sure we are ok to board.  We have our passports as well.  Should I be looking for something else?  Thank you.

Your e-docs are your boarding pass, and all the other stuff that is good to read but not necessary to board.  EM

Without knowing your nationality or cruise itinerary we don't know whether you will need visas or Yellow Fever certificates.

Not required for most westerners or destinations.

JB :classic_smile:

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Gardener62 said:

This is our first cruise and we have checked in online with Celebrity and have our Express Boarding 'passes and ordered our luggage tags.  However we keep seeing a reference to "cruise documents" as if they are something different.  We do have a guest ticket booklet that we printed out as well, but what is Celebrity referring to when they mention "cruise documents" or e-docs.  I want to make sure we are ok to board.  We have our passports as well.  Should I be looking for something else?  Thank you.

If you provide more information about you and your itinerary, perhaps we can provide more specific information. But the information provided to you thus far in general is correct.

The cruise documents referred to other than the boarding docs completed with the online check in are any ID required for travel on your itinerary.  Typically, if you are a US citizen traveling on a US based closed loop itinerary (starting and ending in the same US port) all you need for travel ID are a birth certificate and a valid government issued picture ID -or- a Passport.  International itineraries (those departing or ending in non-US based ports) will require a Passport.

If you have any questions, different citizenship, or are unsure of your itinerary status I would call (speak to someone - do not just email) Celebrity directly and ask them for clarification.  Their website will also provide travel ID documentation guidance as well.  Even with on-line check in, if you booked through a travel agent they will also provide any direction needed with this.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

The e-docs you can print out are your boarding passes, your luggage tags (you can print out extras if you have more than one piece of luggage. Write your names on your luggage tags if they're not pre-printed), and your cruise contract.  The boarding passes and luggage tags are mandatory and the cruise contract is not.  I bring the cruise contract if it also includes items I've pre-purchased, like excursions or drink packages.  Also, if you've received on-board credit, that can sometimes be included somewhere in that contract.  Sometimes the on board credit isn't listed if it comes from a travel agent.  It just depends.