Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jmoskus

Pearl thermal spa pass, worth it?

I have tried to find reviews of the thermal spa on Norwegien Pearl, but have only found a couple. The most recent that I read from 12/18 was very disappointing, sounded like the hot tub and other amenities were cold. Anyone out there with a recent experience?

I enjoyed the thermal suite on the Pearl in December 2018. I sailed on the Christmas week cruise, used it several days. I bought it online pre-cruise for $139, but they were charging $209 onboard and I think that is over priced. The $159-179 range is fair, but I'm also one that never intends to pay the $249 they ask for on the new and bigger ships.

My favorite part are the tile loungers. I easily found them each time I wanted to use one. They do not look out the back of the ship so that may make them a little less in demand which worked for me. The Thasso and whirlpool probably could have been warmer, but I don't recall thinking they were cold. I think the hot tubs on deck are cold, these were warm  by comparison. I can only speak for the ladies side, but there are couple of features on the women's only side. I think there was a steam room, individual plunge tub or even two of those.