Reykjavik Cruise Port pickup (HAL)?

Our cruise ship will be in Reykjavik Jul 30-31.

The various operators offer pickup in the harbour for excursions.

Some only offer pickup from 'Skarfabakki', which appears to be the overall name of the area.

Others allow choice between 'Skarfabakki', ' Midbakki', 'Sundabakki' and so forth. 

Which pickup point should I choose?

(If it matters, we're in on a HAL ship. Unsurprisingly, the operators at HAL's reservation centre had no clue.)

Hi Shawnino!

We were in Reykjavik last summer for two days, also on a HAL cruise.  We took a private tour the first day (GeoIceland; they were fabulous btw), and I believe we only had to tell them we were on a cruise ship and which one. The tour operators know where the ships are, it's a pretty small place.  😉  That doesn't give you an answer, I know, but what about sending an email to the company you have decided to use, asking them which option you should pick for them?

Have a great trip!

These names refer to the dock used.  You can go to this website and see where your ship is docking. 

http://www.faxafloahafnir.is/cruiseships/index.php?l=en&w=csyear=2016#2016-9-27

Some docks are right in town, but Skarfabakki is 1 1/2 miles out of town.  On our tour we just booked it had a drop down menu that you pick your location for pick up. 

I  verified with the tour operator the pick up location before I paid online and chose the pick up location.

I also found that there would be a shuttle to city center from Skarfabakki dock.  May or not be offered free by ships.  Otherwise 45 min walk.