Sapphire Princess sailing from the UK question.

Scorpio41

10 minutes ago, Micah's Grandad said:

We will be on the ship in just over 30 days and first ship that will have a kettle. Wonder if we will use it.

I, for one, would use it.  Tea drinkers generally like piping hot water.  Horizon Court and room service hot water is rather tepid. I would love to see it available in cabins on other ships;  even on an as requested basis.

59 minutes ago, tailspintom said:

I, for one, would use it.  Tea drinkers generally like piping hot water.  Horizon Court and room service hot water is rather tepid. I would love to see it available in cabins on other ships;  even on an as requested basis.

Good point about the hot water.

We are boarding the ship on Saturday and will look for the kettle.  However we do not drink coffee or hot tea so it will set there and collect dust.  I understand the desire for a kettle by the hot tea drinkers.  I have yet to see it on any previous Princess sailings.

23 hours ago, tailspintom said:

We had an electric kettle in our cabin on the Celebrity Eclipse when we sailed out of Southampton to the Med.  Perhaps the cruise lines assume that a majority of folks who board in Southampton for a European cruise are British and tea drinkers (I assume that's a generalization re what Brits want to drink).

3 hours ago, BarbinMich said:

We had an electric kettle in our cabin on the Celebrity Eclipse when we sailed out of Southampton to the Med.  Perhaps the cruise lines assume that a majority of folks who board in Southampton for a European cruise are British and tea drinkers (I assume that's a generalization re what Brits want to drink).

P&O UK, a British cruise line and part of the Carnival Corp have kettles in all rooms on all their ships no matter where in the world they're sailing.  So, I say yes, it's what Brits want.