Just off Pursuit

excitedofharpenden

None of the equipment is new. The rowing machine is the same Concept 2 model I've seen on Journey and Quest.  It maybe the same one that was on the ship back when it was built in 2000, but the Concept 2 rowers are very durable.  They cost about $1500 new. 

Phil 

Another thing I noticed.  The very smart hanging birdcage chairs in Living Room still don’t have a frame to them and continue to sit on the floor (and unusable this way). I first went on Pursuit last August and they were waiting for the frames then, yet here we are months later and they still haven’t arrived.  

I know it’s only a small thing and it sounds like I’m nitpicking, but the chairs as they are look silly sitting on the floor  It’s just attention to detail stuff like this that is important on a Premium line that is competing with the likes of Viking.  I’d either get the frames fitted or take the chairs out altogether until sorted.

Phil

• Like 3

It is not knitpicking. And I am flabbergasted that nobody takes a responsibility for a situation like this. Serious fails in the small and unnoticeable things will lead to bigger and more serious situations. Sorry, but this is not good IMO for the safe and sound leadership of this vessel. 

• Like 2

Both HD Elisabeth and our land-based Hotel Manager have confirmed that a brand new rowing machine is on order. I understand the spin bikes are scheduled for replacement as well. I have no ETA at this time, but when (if) I hear I'll post!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Both HD Elisabeth and our land-based Hotel Manager have confirmed that a brand new rowing machine is on order. I understand the spin bikes are scheduled for replacement as well. I have no ETA at this time, but when (if) I hear I'll post!

Thanks, Bonnie, that’s great news. Hopefully it should be onboard by November.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising
  • Like 1

I am so trying to be kind. I have had such troubles just getting on the boat (dealing with Azamara corporate) that the lack of  suitable exercise equipment for our June10th 2019 B2B cruise is just truly an insult.  What the heck will be in the gym that is worth using? This could be the best cruise experience in the world but I will not ge booking ever again with Azamara.  Honestly...I cruised with AMA river cruises in March and their wellness program was amazing Azamara you should be ashamed! At this point, I would be asking for financial compensation,  but given recent dealings on a multitude of issues, I know that is not even in the realm of possibility.  Hubby and I are booking for 2020, deposit made, but it is not with Azamara! Such poor customer sevice! Not a whine! A personal encounter reflected!

So frustrated.

A.

1 hour ago, Vic11 said:

I am so trying to be kind. I have had such troubles just getting on the boat (dealing with Azamara corporate) that the lack of  suitable exercise equipment for our June10th 2019 B2B cruise is just truly an insult.  What the heck will be in the gym that is worth using? This could be the best cruise experience in the world but I will not ge booking ever again with Azamara.  Honestly...I cruised with AMA river cruises in March and their wellness program was amazing Azamara you should be ashamed! At this point, I would be asking for financial compensation,  but given recent dealings on a multitude of issues, I know that is not even in the realm of possibility.  Hubby and I are booking for 2020, deposit made, but it is not with Azamara! Such poor customer sevice! Not a whine! A personal encounter reflected!

So frustrated.

A.

I understand that you are frustrated, but please don't take it out on me by underscoring everything you type!  That's a form of shouting, and a violation of netiquette.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oceandream said:

Great to know that GYM facilities will be refreshed soon. What about showers and sauna on Pursuit? Also, dry and steam and are they located Inside the GYM and are they free? Thank you

There is no sauna or dry room.  There is a good steam room and a couple of good size showers that have nice Elemis shower products.  These are located within the changing rooms and are free.

Phil

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vic11 said:

So frustrated.

A.

I think you are overreacting.  If you particularly use the rowing machine then you might be disappointed if the only one has now been temporarily removed and a replacement has not arrived.  However, having used the rest of the gym equipment, for a relatively small fitness centre it’s well equipped.

Phil

• Like 1

I appreciate Bonnie’s very timely response and the good news that machines are being replaced. Now, I have absolutely no excuse not to make an appearance in the fitness center!

My experience has been that Azamara makes every effort to ensure guests’ satisfaction and I’m reassured that hasn’t changed.

Melissa

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vic11 said:

I was reflecting on the total Azamara experience to date not just the fitness episode.

Appreciate your comments however my comments stand as written.

A.

I'm hoping that when you get on the ship your experience will be better. Walk on with a positive  attitude and put the issues you've had behind you and hopefully you'll enjoy yourself. 

Phil 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Melissaghoti said:

I appreciate Bonnie’s very timely response and the good news that machines are being replaced. Now, I have absolutely no excuse not to make an appearance in the fitness center!

My experience has been that Azamara makes every effort to ensure guests’ satisfaction and I’m reassured that hasn’t changed.

Melissa

I'm pleased too Melissa, but to be honest also disappointed that I had to post here about it and then come back to find out the result rather than receiving an explanation directly. 

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I'm pleased too Melissa, but to be honest also disappointed that I had to post here about it and then come back to find out the result rather than receiving an explanation directly. 

Phil 

I can understand that though as you indicated you’d escalated it off the ship whilst cruising as it was not a ship decision and not had a conclusive response hence posting here 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

There is no sauna or dry room.  There is a good steam room and a couple of good size showers that have nice Elemis shower products.  These are located within the changing rooms and are free.

Phil