Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mahogany

Magic Castle

Can someone tell me the story on Magic Castle performances on Crystal? Are they on every cruise? Are seats reserved, or is it open seating, first-come/served? If reserved seating, can you book pre-boarding? Thanks. Sounds like a wonderful experience.

Yes, I believe they are on every cruise. The shows are close up magic for roughly 20-30 minutes and usually in the late afternoons so as not to conflict with other offerings.

To attend, make a bee line to the library as soon as you embark and get your tickets. There will be dates (sea days) and times of available seats, which are limited to 15 or so. Tickets are gratis, you just need it as proof (and your reminder) of your reservation.

Most importantly, save your ticket! It is your invitation to the real Magic Castle in Hollywood (CA), which is hands down one of the most entertaining evenings on the planet. DH loves magic and we went there in April pre our April cruise and he was in absolute ecstasy! They do have a web site if you are interested.

Enjoy!

Edited by suzeluvscruz
added

You can’t prebook prior to boarding the ship - and as Suze said you have to book a particular session via the Librarian - smart people go on embarkation day to get the best date and time choice 

The Magic Castle at Sea programme is an excellent feature of Crystal - the range of Magicians who appear is great - we’ve only had one case of the same performer appearing on our cruises (wish I could say the same about some of the speakers and entertainers!)

A big shout out to two of the Magicians, John George and David Gabbay, who we are lucky enough to now call our friends after getting to know them on our cruises 

Edited by Stickman1990

I too would recommend going on Embarkation Day.  

I know on Serenity because of the greater demand they have increased the attendance size to 20 people.

Some members of the audience get to participate.  It's a lot of fun either way.

Keith

55 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

I too would recommend going on Embarkation Day.  

I know on Serenity because of the greater demand they have increased the attendance size to 20 people.

Some members of the audience get to participate.  It's a lot of fun either way.

Keith

Yes, I knew I'd get my ring back, but how it got into his jacket, in a snapped closed pocket of a wallet, who knows?!?! 😎

Patty

And how the heck did the magician know the name of the street I has chosen??? 😳😊

17 minutes ago, Gondaue said:

And how the heck did the magician know the name of the street I has chosen??? 😳😊

That's because they are magicians.  😀

The show was one of the highlights of my first and recent cruise in Serenity.  I followed Keith's advice to secure the tickets.  Unfortunately, some cruisers were not able to get admitted...

I posted on the Regent board to someone’s trying Crystal for the first time to be sure they get their tickets ASAP.  Yes they go fast.